1 2 3 Previous Next 40 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2012 5:13 AM by kiva

Error in zip file

nickarls

Hi,

I'm running the latest 6.0.0-SNAPSHOT on Sun 1.6 JDK (Windows).

I have a war with a jar with a faces-config.xml in META-INF. When I deploy I get a

09:22:15,811 SEVERE [config] Unable to process annotations for url, vfs:/C:/Java/as/jboss-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT/server/default/deploy/weld-numberguess.war/WEB-INF/lib/seam-faces-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar/META-INF/faces-config.xml. Reason: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
      09:22:15,811 SEVERE [config] : java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
      at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) [:1.6.0_06]

Any theories? Trying to open something it has already exploded?

• 1. Re: Error in zip file
          peterj

Most likely the deployer attempted to open the file before it was fully copied over. Try instead copying the war directory to a partition contaning the deploy directory, and then moving the war directory to deploy.

• 2. Re: Error in zip file
            nickarls

Nope. It's already there and reproducible on a full server startup. Also, the same file deploys on a M2 so I'd say it's VFS3.

Attached the WAR. Although that will probably require you to update the weld deployers but hopefully you can pick up the offending structure from there...

• 3. Re: Error in zip file
              alesj
              Also, the same file deploys on a M2 so I'd say it's VFS3.

No, this would rather indicate that it's *not* VFS3, since it's been around since M2 --

and I doubt John has made any big changes in the way we read stuff.

Whereas JBossWeb has seen it's share of non-trivial changes, resulting in other unexpected problems:

* http://community.jboss.org/message/536381#536381

• 4. Re: Error in zip file
                nickarls

OK, so the suspect would in this case be the weld deployer? As I recall there was some merging done after M2...

• 5. Re: Error in zip file
                  jaikiran

Ales Justin wrote:

Also, the same file deploys on a M2 so I'd say it's VFS3.

No, this would rather indicate that it's *not* VFS3, since it's been around since M2 --

VFS3 wasn't in M2

• 6. Re: Error in zip file
                    jaikiran

By the way, here's more context to the exception:

12:09:09,772 SEVERE [config] Unable to process annotations for url, vfs:/home/jaikiran/jbossas/trunk/build/target/jboss-6.0.0-SNAPSHOT/server/default/deploy/weld.war/WEB-INF/lib/seam-faces-3.0.0-20100405.040224-9.jar/META-INF/faces-config.xml.  Reason: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
                    12:09:09,772 SEVERE [config] : java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
                        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.<init>(URLJarFile.java:67) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile$1.run(URLJarFile.java:214) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.retrieve(URLJarFile.java:198) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.URLJarFile.getJarFile(URLJarFile.java:50) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarFileFactory.get(JarFileFactory.java:68) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.connect(JarURLConnection.java:104) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at sun.net.www.protocol.jar.JarURLConnection.getJarFile(JarURLConnection.java:71) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.AnnotationScanner.processClasspath(AnnotationScanner.java:290) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.AnnotationScanner.getAnnotatedClasses(AnnotationScanner.java:215) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager$AnnotationScanTask.call(ConfigManager.java:765) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager$AnnotationScanTask.call(ConfigManager.java:736) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138) [:1.6.0_16]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigManager.initialize(ConfigManager.java:329) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextInitialized(ConfigureListener.java:223) [:2.0.2-FCS]
                        at org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener.contextInitialized(JBossJSFConfigureListener.java:72) [:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.contextListenerStart(StandardContext.java:3733) [:]
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4197) [:]
                        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:323) [:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT]
                    • 7. Re: Error in zip file
                      alesj

Since it starts from here:

at org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener.contextInitialized(JBossJSFConfigureListener.java:72) [:6.0.0-SNAPSHOT]

and the fact Stan already has problems (see my previous link post)

- which he said he fixed - let's wait for his comment on this.

• 8. Re: Error in zip file
                        alesj
                        VFS3 wasn't in M2

True, forgot it was *after* we released it that we had that MC-->VFS3 announcement.

• 9. Re: Error in zip file
                          ssilvert

Ales Justin wrote:

Since it starts from here:

and the fact Stan already has problems (see my previous link post)

- which he said he fixed - let's wait for his comment on this.

It wouldn't be related to the stuff in that post.  That was changing the way the JSF impl is loaded and it won't be comitted until M4.

I'm suspecting that we're seeing a VFS3 version of this problem?

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7148

Stan

• 10. Re: Error in zip file
                            nickarls

Should I update some JIRA or is anyone picking it up from here?

• 11. Re: Error in zip file
                              alesj
                              Should I update some JIRA or is anyone picking it up from here?

Can you confirm Stan's findings -- that we're trying to handle exploded file with zip handling?

If this is the case, try locating the culprit that explodes it.

And I'll take it from there. Easy, uh? :-)

• 12. Re: Error in zip file
                                ssilvert

This can be recreated with the un-exploded WAR attached to this jira: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RF-8598

Stan

• 13. Re: Error in zip file
                                  ssilvert

Ales says this will likely be fixed by his JBossAnnotationProvider to be integrated in M4.

• 14. Re: Error in zip file
                                    nickarls

Tried a desperate attempt of zipping the faces-config.xml as a quick workaround but that didn't help...

1 2 3 Previous Next