5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2010 3:07 PM by ispringer

no checkboxes on JON

im on JON 2.3.1GA  build 10566

and when i look at an inventory, the checkbox to the side where i can check to delete is not there on any resource.. any ideas??

• 1. Re: no checkboxes on JON

Are you trying to uninventory the Resource (i.e. so it's no longer managed by RHQ) or delete the underlying managed resource? Also, what type of Resource are you trying to uninventory or delete?

• 2. Re: no checkboxes on JON

ie:  an ethernet device that is not used.  etc.

attached is an image there are no checkboxes to remove from inventory.. as like it is in the PDF on installation and management.

nochecks.PNG

• 3. Re: no checkboxes on JON

An ethernet adapter is a service Resource. It's possible to uninventory services by going to the Browse Resources > Services page and adding &debug=true to the URL and loading that new URL (this causes an Uninventory button to be displayed). However, if the underlying managed resource (e.g. the ethernet adapter) still exists, it will get rediscovered and auto-reimported into inventory, so the univentory will have been for nothing. What is missing is a way to "ignore" discovered services. This is a known issue. For more details, see:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=534750

• 4. Re: no checkboxes on JON

so why have an IGNORE function if its NOT GOING TO BE IGNORED.

• 5. Re: no checkboxes on JON

We don't have an ignore function - that's the enhancement request in the bugzilla issue I posted. We have an undocumented way to uninventory  services, because it would actually be useful in the case where the underlying managed resource no longer exists (i.e. because the service will not get rediscovered).