1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2010 12:50 PM by jaikiran Go to original post
      • 15. Re: NPE for EM factory.
        jaikiran

Yucca, I looked at your application and was able to reproduce this issue. This appears to be a new (and different) bug. I'll take a detailed look later today/tomorrow and update this thread.

• 16. Re: NPE for EM factory.
          jaikiran

Turned out to be a packaging issue. You are packaging jar files containing classes which are already provided by the server. Remove the following jar files from .war/WEB-INF/lib to get rid of that NullPointerException:

geronimo-ejb_2.1_spec-1.1.jar
          geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec-1.0.jar
          geronimo-j2ee-deployment_1.1_spec-1.0.jar
          geronimo-j2ee-management_1.0_spec-1.1.jar
          geronimo-jms_1.1_spec-1.0.jar
          servlet-api-2.4.jar

• 17. Re: NPE for EM factory.

Hi Jai and thank you.

Perhaps you or someone involved in the development of the AS can shed some light on if these conflicts in  will still occur in final release? I am asking because it becomes terribly verbose without a list of some sort of what we are not  to include in our dliverable? Also it becomes a nightmare when using maven possibly as dependencies can pull in some libs that will lead to conflict or am I just taking a guess here? You see I am new to maven and it would seem that by just declaring a sngle dependancy, I have included already  3 libs that are leading to conflicts in the Jboss AS. Also using poms may become messy and verbose if we are to scatter a lot of excludes in each maven project.

Perhaps my IDE is to blame here for not listing which extra libs are imported when declaring a dependency with maven and ecluding what i do not want in each and every dependancy declaration is leading to messy and verbose poms.

• 18. Re: NPE for EM factory.
              jaikiran

Yucca Nel wrote:

Hi Jai and thank you.

Perhaps you or someone involved in the development of the AS can shed some light on if these conflicts in  will still occur in final release? I am asking because it becomes terribly verbose without a list of some sort of what we are not  to include in our dliverable?

Packaging any spec provided jars like the (jars containing javax.ejb.* classes) and any JBoss specific jar files in the application is always going to run into issues on JBoss AS. You have to exclude such jars from the application packaging.

Yucca Nel wrote:

Also it becomes a nightmare when using maven possibly as dependencies can pull in some libs that will lead to conflict or am I just taking a guess here?

You can mark such dependencies with scope=provided:

<dependency>
                <scope>provided</scope>
              </dependency>

Such dependencies will then be excluded from the application packaging.

1 2 Previous Next