3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2010 4:14 PM by kukeltje

Custom grafical jpdl components?

jdboer

Is it possible to create your own jpdl components which can be used in the grafical Eclipse plugin?

For example: we probably like to create a custom decision component (using DecisionHandler) which we would like to reuse in most graphs and has it's own properties. It would be nice if the plugin would support this you don't have to do everything in xml, which is not grafical and so more difficult to read by the business.

• 1. Re: Custom grafical jpdl components?
          kukeltje

Is it possible to create your own jpdl components

Yes

which can be used in the grafical Eclipse plugin?

This is much harder... If you search the forum, you can see posts related to this... There realy is not much information on this, besides looking at the code of the GPD and copying what is there.

• 2. Re: Custom grafical jpdl components?
            jdboer

I have been able to create my own ForEach jpdl element. Like you said, this wasn't that hard. Just copied the Subprocess jpdl component and binding and changed it a bit so it iterates over the subprocess. Works like a charm.

I would appreciate a bit more info about how to change the GPD so my new jpdl element also shows up in the grafical view. I have looked at the GPD sources and frankly I don't have a clue where to look. If you can point me to where, for example, the Subprocess stuff is and what kind of classes I need to create, I will probably be able to copy/adapt this to my wishes.

• 3. Re: Custom grafical jpdl components?
              kukeltje

Sorry, I have no knowledge in this area so I cannot help you out even.  The only things I know is what Koen Aers posted in these forums some time ago. Search on his name.