2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2010 3:18 PM by altes-kind

How to use Twiddle on CirrAS back-end appliance?

altes-kind

I'm trying to use Twiddle in a Shell-Script to record some JMX stats about my back-end instance. Using the JMX-Console I can see that the JMXConnectorServer is registred at Port 1090 (not the default one which is 1099). But when trying to use Twiddle I get an exception:

[root@domU-12-31-39-09-C5-24 ~]# /opt/jboss-as6/bin/twiddle.sh -s localhost:1090 serverinfo -d
      07:45:43,732 ERROR [Twiddle] Exec failed
      org.jboss.util.NestedRuntimeException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: localhost:1090 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]

Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server localhost/127.0.0.1:1090 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused]
          at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:307)
          ... 11 more
      Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
          at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
          at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:310)
          at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:176)
          at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:163)
          at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:384)
          at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:542)
          at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:97)
          at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:82)
          at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:303)
          ... 11 more

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks!