2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 2:32 PM by starksm64

jopr component model

starksm64

I'm wanting to build a static view of the management components we support through jopr as the starting point for the profileservice domain metadata view. Where can I find the description of the components we expose via the admin-console in AS?

• 1. Re: jopr component model

For the most part, the managed components we use can be found by looking at the plugin descriptor for the jboss-as-5 plugin:

http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/rhq/rht.git?p=rhq/rhq.git;a=blob;f=modules/plugins/jboss-as-5/src/main/resources/META-INF/rhq-plugin.xml;h=c50cd6b176b18a11aabfae54c6523e7dd0bdabf6;hb=master

Most resource types in the descriptor (i.e. server or service elements) map to a single ManagedComponent type, e.g. for Queues:

<service name="Queue"               
                           createDeletePolicy="both"
                           subCategory="JMS Destinations"
                           discovery="JmsDestinationDiscoveryComponent">

<plugin-configuration>
                          <c:simple-property name="componentType" default="JMSDestination" readOnly="true"/>
                          <c:simple-property name="componentSubtype" default="Queue" readOnly="true"/>

So the Queue resource type maps to the JMSDestination:Queue ManagedComponent type. However, you'll notice there are exceptions, such as the JBoss AS Server resource type, which pull from multiple ManagedComponent types.

• 2. Re: jopr component model
            starksm64

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I see it in the jopr-jboss-as-5-plugin-1.4.0.B01.jar/META-INF/rhq-plugin.xml of the admin-console.war/plugins directory.