1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 149 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 8:55 AM by ataylor Go to original post
      • 135. Re: Integration with AS6
        jmesnil

TCK update: I think we have a serious issue with our handling of XA because of the TCK setup.

The TCK uses the same ConnectionFactory in many tests with and without transactions.

We have the corresponding *-ds.xml configuration with a <xa-configuration /> to accomodate the tests where transactions are used.

But HornetQ does not allow any work done on a XA session when it is not enlisted in a transaction.

Using the same ConnectionFactory in the test without transactions make them fail.

JBoss Messaging has a special hack so that a XA session without an enlisted tx will behave as a non-transacted auto-ack session.

To accomodate the TCK, we need to introduce the same behavior to in HornetQ. I don't see another alternative...

I'm working on it right now but I'm less and less confident the TCK will pass before AS6 cutoff...

• 136. Re: Integration with AS6
          emuckenhuber

{quote}

Where org.jboss.virtual is coming from?

{quote}

It's now org.jboss.vfs - there was a vfs update in the meantime where the package names and usage changed.

• 137. Re: Integration with AS6
            timfox

jmesnil wrote:

TCK update: I think we have a serious issue with our handling of XA because of the TCK setup.

The TCK uses the same ConnectionFactory in many tests with and without transactions.

We have the corresponding *-ds.xml configuration with a <xa-configuration /> to accomodate the tests where transactions are used.

But HornetQ does not allow any work done on a XA session when it is not enlisted in a transaction.

Using the same ConnectionFactory in the test without transactions make them fail.

JBoss Messaging has a special hack so that a XA session without an enlisted tx will behave as a non-transacted auto-ack session.

To accomodate the TCK, we need to introduce the same behavior to in HornetQ. I don't see another alternative...

I'm working on it right now but I'm less and less confident the TCK will pass before AS6 cutoff...

It implies to me the JBoss AS JCA implementation is buggy - it shouldn't be calling getXAResource() on the RA unless the user is actually doing work inside an XA transaction.

AIUI from what you are saying - the current AS JCA impl is always calling getXAResource() even though there is no work being done as part of an XA tx?

Also.. it's flawed for the JCA impl to assume that an XA session that hasn't been enlisted in a tx should be treated as a non transacted session.

• 138. Re: Integration with AS6
              clebert.suconic

"I'm working on it right now but I'm less and less confident the TCK will pass before AS6 cutoff..."

As far as I know 100% TCK is not a requirement for the cutoff.

We have to fix the TCK for sure but I don't think we are required 100% pass before cutoff. There are still other failures on the TCK for AS6.

• 139. Re: Integration with AS6
                clebert.suconic

Everything is on trunk now.

@Alexey: please double check your code is correct on hornetQDestinationTemplate. org.jboss.virtual was renamed to org.jboss.vfs and some of the usages are now different... so if you could please make sure you have the semantics as expected. Especially on a call to VFS.getRoot that you had that I had to rename to VFS.getChild. I've talked to Ales and he told me that I probably wanted getChild but if you could please double check it.

I will keep this branch for a while:

https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/branches/Branch_Hornet_Temporary_2/

It may be helpful to verify what we changed when we apply the changes on the EAP. But it should be read-only now. The last commit on the branch was r102504

An update: I was strugling with this dependency today and have fixed a couple of other issues on the hudson builds. I still have the security tests to fix but I will try to put it in second plan and start working on the Configuration Journal now (as far as I understood it's not just JMS Destinations). I will soon open a thread about it.

• 140. Re: Integration with AS6
                  timfox

clebert.suconic@jboss.com wrote:

"I'm working on it right now but I'm less and less confident the TCK will pass before AS6 cutoff..."

As far as I know 100% TCK is not a requirement for the cutoff.

We have to fix the TCK for sure but I don't think we are required 100% pass before cutoff. There are still other failures on the TCK for AS6.

Please check that with the AS team.

AIUI AS needs 100% TCK to make a release. I could be wrong though.

• 141. Re: Integration with AS6
                    ataylor
                    update on admin console, just have the connection factory bit to do and some connection stuff so we can use the same connection as the AS plugin. I still need to do the journal persistence which i will probably start tomorrow and finish over the weekend.
                    • 142. Re: Integration with AS6
                      jmesnil

TCK update: things look better today. Yesterday, Vicky and Tim identified an issue with the JCA (http://community.jboss.org/thread/149602).

I added a workaround in HornetQ RA to circumvent it and tests are in a much better shape.

I sampled the tests that were highlighting the issue and I have them green now.
                      I'm running the full JMS TCK test now to see if there are any remaining issues or edge cases (should take 5 or 6h).

• 143. Re: Integration with AS6
                        ataylor

Alexey Loubyansky wrote:

ataylor wrote:

Alexey, I am not sure what you are working on, are you writing tests for the MO's. I'm just thinking maybe what you're doing isnt needed as i am changing what we have??? Clebert can you comment on that.

I've been working on bringing org.jboss.test.profileservice.test.JmsDestinationUnitTestCase up to date. Have a quick look at it. And let me know whether it makes sense to continue. Thanks.

Alexey,

sorry for the late reply, no those tests wont be needed. The MO's that are there will be deleted and we will be using *ManageMO objects. When i get some time i will write some tests for these and put them in the hornetq module.

• 144. Re: Integration with AS6
                          jason.greene

Andy Taylor wrote:

admin console status. Ive completed the queue functionality and most of the support code. I will be able to reuse this for topics and connection factories. Ive attached a couple of screen shots, you'll see on the left that there is a jms manager leaf which i need becuase i am running using the 'run in' functionality in jopr and need a parent component for creating child resources. You'll see how you can create a queue and, address settings, security etc in one screen as requested.

This looks good to me; we should get Charles's feedback when he is back.

• 145. Re: Integration with AS6

Hi Andy,  I took a look at the screen shots you posted - looking good! I'd like to try running it, so I can go through page by page and provide you with some feedback. I'll also go through the source code and provide you some feedback at that level. Please let me know once your latest code is checked in and point me at the source. Also, can you point me at a sample deployment XML or app that I can use to deploy a few HornetQ topics and queues?  On a side note, can you elaborate on what you meant in your earlier post about the JBoss Messaging DLQ and ExpiryQueue being hard-coded in Jopr?  Thanks.

• 146. Re: Integration with AS6
                              jmesnil

TCK update: I enabled HornetQ security back and fixed the TCK configuration.

On a full run, I had 20+ failing tests because of authentication failure (when HornetQ delegates auth to JBoss AS Security Manager).

I ran them again and they all pass.

I suspect the failures were caused by the ConcurrentModificationException that anil will fix, a new test run while keeping the logs will confirm this.

Apart from these transient failures, the TCK task is done.

• 147. Re: Integration with AS6
                                timfox

Jeff, good stuff.

Why don't you have a go at fixing the comod bug yourself - these are normally pretty trivial fixes? Then you can be sure the failures are due to this.

If all is well, Anil can review your fix and you can commit it in TRUNK.

• 148. Re: Integration with AS6
                                  jmesnil

I'm giving a hand to andy on the AS admin console

• 149. Re: Integration with AS6
                                    ataylor

Ian Springer wrote:

Hi Andy,  I took a look at the screen shots you posted - looking good! I'd like to try running it, so I can go through page by page and provide you with some feedback. I'll also go through the source code and provide you some feedback at that level. Please let me know once your latest code is checked in and point me at the source. Also, can you point me at a sample deployment XML or app that I can use to deploy a few HornetQ topics and queues?  On a side note, can you elaborate on what you meant in your earlier post about the JBoss Messaging DLQ and ExpiryQueue being hard-coded in Jopr?  Thanks.

Theres still a few fixes that i need to do, typos etc, but the code is complete in the trunk. You will find the source code under the hornetq-int module src tree. For JMS resource configuration take a look at server/default/deploy/hornetq/hornetq-jms.xml, this is where you can configure any JMS resources in here or add a new hornetq-jms.xml file to your applicatioin.

regarding my comment on DLQ and ExpiryQueue, if you take a look at the old JMS Desinations/queues leaf in the admin console you will see that they still appear. Looking at the jopr code it looks like they are always added. This will probably need changing in the jopr jboss plugin but will still need to be there as eap will switch between hornetq and JBM.

Any issues give me a shout on irc or post here.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next