0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2010 4:27 PM by mahaasri

The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

HI,

I  have configured the Jboss server2.6.5 SPI  with SQL server 2008 DB.  For that i  made  the some XML   file changes  like below

1) Removed the  ‘portal-hsqldb-ds’ and ‘hsqldb-ds’ from server -> default--> deploy folder

2) Place the ‘portal-sqlserver-ds’ (Present in setup folder)  in server -> deploy folder

3) and made  the following changes in ‘portal-sqlserver-ds

</connection-url> jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName= myappliationdatabase;tds=8.0;lastupdatecount=true</connection-url>

4)Place the above attached jar files[sqlJdbc.jar , jtds1.2.2.jar] in server -> lib folder

5) Open the SQL Client and given credentials to access the server Database

now i could connect to SQL  databases and was able to see the  tables .

Problem is :-

when i hit the URL [http://localhost:8080/portal] in the browser , im getting the following error and server is started in the command promt mode

.  since i  was able  not able to see portal , i could not enter the inputs in on the UI and check it same in the SQL server DB.   i have been struggling this for 2 days. i need to

Please suggest me to resolve this issue

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
           org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:276)
           javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
           org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
           org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.PersistentPortalObjectContainer.getObjectNode(PersistentPortalObjectContainer.java:252)
           org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.AbstractPortalObjectContainer.getContext(AbstractPortalObjectContainer.java:100)
           org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.AbstractPortalObjectContainer.getContext(AbstractPortalObjectContainer.java:80)
           org.jboss.portal.core.model.portal.DefaultPortalCommandFactory.doMapping(DefaultPortalCommandFactory.java:72)
           org.jboss.portal.core.controller.Controller.handle(Controller.java:208)
           org.jboss.portal.server.RequestControllerDispatcher.invoke(RequestControllerDispatcher.java:51)
           org.jboss.portal.common.invocation.Invocation.invokeNext(Invocation.java:131)
           org.jboss.portal.common.invocation.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:157)
           org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:250)
           javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
           org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)