4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2010 2:22 PM by Stan Silvert RSS

Problems deploying JSF 2.0 on JBoss 5.0.1

Omar Eletxigerra Newbie

Hi all!

First of all excuse me for my english. I'm trying to run an Enterprise Application with JEE 5 on JBoss 5.0.1 using JSF 2.0 and I'm having some problems, also with a simple "Hello World" project.

I have 3 projects: JSF2.0 (Enterprise Application), JSF2.0-war (Web Application) and JSF2.0-ejb (EJB Module).

If I deploy the .war file itself I don't have any problem, it works and I see the "Hello from Facelets" message in the browser. The problem comes when I deploy the .ear file that contents the .war and .jar file. I have an error deploying JSF2.0-war.war:

10:59:39,532 ERROR [StandardContext] Error listenerStart
10:59:39,532 ERROR [StandardContext] Falló en arranque del Contexto [/JSF2.0-war] debido a errores previos
10:59:39,548 ERROR [STDERR] 09-feb-2010 10:59:39 com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener contextDestroyed
GRAVE: Unexpected exception when attempting to tear down the Mojarra runtime
java.lang.IllegalStateException: La aplicación no se ha inicializado correctamente durante el inicio, no se encuentra la fábrica: javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory [cannot find the factory: javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory]
        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder$FactoryManager.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:725)
        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:239)
        at com.sun.faces.config.InitFacesContext.getApplication(InitFacesContext.java:104)
        at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextDestroyed(ConfigureListener.java:309)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:3949)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4615)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4437)

10:59:40,048 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=jboss.web.deployment:war=/JSF2.0-war state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed
org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Archivos de programa/JBoss/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/tmp/5c4o438-qe4p9p-g5ggl8mk-1-g5gisndi-9u/JSF2.0-war.war/ deployment failed
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:333)
        at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:144)
        at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:461)
        at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
        at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:97)

I have attached the JSF2.0 project and the complete error message. I try also with a simple "Hello World" project using JSF 1.2 and it works, I can deploy the .ear with out errors but I need tu use JSF 2.0. Does anyone know the reason of this error?

Thanks a lot to everyone for your responses...