4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2010 2:22 PM by ssilvert

Problems deploying JSF 2.0 on JBoss 5.0.1

eletxi

Hi all!

First of all excuse me for my english. I'm trying to run an Enterprise Application with JEE 5 on JBoss 5.0.1 using JSF 2.0 and I'm having some problems, also with a simple "Hello World" project.

I have 3 projects: JSF2.0 (Enterprise Application), JSF2.0-war (Web Application) and JSF2.0-ejb (EJB Module).

If I deploy the .war file itself I don't have any problem, it works and I see the "Hello from Facelets" message in the browser. The problem comes when I deploy the .ear file that contents the .war and .jar file. I have an error deploying JSF2.0-war.war:

10:59:39,532 ERROR [StandardContext] Error listenerStart
      10:59:39,532 ERROR [StandardContext] Falló en arranque del Contexto [/JSF2.0-war] debido a errores previos
      10:59:39,548 ERROR [STDERR] 09-feb-2010 10:59:39 com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener contextDestroyed
      GRAVE: Unexpected exception when attempting to tear down the Mojarra runtime
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: La aplicación no se ha inicializado correctamente durante el inicio, no se encuentra la fábrica: javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory [cannot find the factory: javax.faces.application.ApplicationFactory]
              at javax.faces.FactoryFinder$FactoryManager.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:725)
              at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:239)
              at com.sun.faces.config.InitFacesContext.getApplication(InitFacesContext.java:104)
              at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.contextDestroyed(ConfigureListener.java:309)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStop(StandardContext.java:3949)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.stop(StandardContext.java:4615)
              at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4437)

10:59:40,048 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=jboss.web.deployment:war=/JSF2.0-war state=Create mode=Manual requiredState=Installed
      org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: URL file:/C:/Archivos de programa/JBoss/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/tmp/5c4o438-qe4p9p-g5ggl8mk-1-g5gisndi-9u/JSF2.0-war.war/ deployment failed
              at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:333)
              at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:144)
              at org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:461)
              at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
              at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:97)

I have attached the JSF2.0 project and the complete error message. I try also with a simple "Hello World" project using JSF 1.2 and it works, I can deploy the .ear with out errors but I need tu use JSF 2.0. Does anyone know the reason of this error?

Thanks a lot to everyone for your responses...