3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2010 5:20 PM by peterj

JBoss 4.0.5.GA libraries

malice00

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could somehow get my hands on a list of the libraries and their versions in AS 4.0.5.GA.

I have a project, created by a colleague, that uses the AS-dir to reference libraries. The project has been configured to use maven, and the libs are referenced using the system-scope. However, we are trying to get rid of the necessity to have an AS installed when building the project. Now, I can go about this two ways (AFAIK):

1) deploy all the referenced libs to our company's repository

2) try to figure out what the groupId, artifactId and version for the references libs are and download them on demand from an internet repository

I'd prefer the second solution, but unfortunately not all libs are as easy to figure out.

So, is there a way to figure out which libs are in a specific JBoss release?

If somebody knows of another (easier) solution, I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks.

• 1. Re: JBoss 4.0.5.GA libraries
          peterj
          Look in the 'client' and 'server/xxx/lib' directories - all the JARs are there. The manifest.mf file in most of those JARs will tell you it's version. Another source for versions is docs/licenses/thirdparty-licenses.xml.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: JBoss 4.0.5.GA libraries
            malice00

Thanks Peter. I know about manifests, but most of them are not really helpfull. As for the thirdparty-licenses file, that helped me out quite a bit.

Still I have some libs left that are completely unclear to me. Also, a lot of the libs that I now know versions of, can't be found in any maven repository I know of...

• 3. Re: JBoss 4.0.5.GA libraries
              peterj

"I know about manifests, but most of them are not really helpfull. "

I seem to recall this being hte case with the 4.0.x versions. The later versions seems to be better about this.

" Also, a lot of the libs that I now know versions of, can't be found in any maven repository I know of..."

I have never understood why the main Maven repository was set up the way it was. You would think that they would have used package names as the group.id, which owuld make things very easy to find.

While it won't help you with 4.0.x, some of the more recent stuff can be found in the repository at http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/. A search for "Maven" in the JBoss wiki will yield more info.