1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 149 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 8:55 AM by ataylor Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Integration with AS6
        timfox
        Like I mentioned before, if the barrier to integration is set to such an unreasonable level, I am perfectly happy in our users continuing to run a simple script to "integrate" HornetQ into JBoss AS.
        • 31. Re: Integration with AS6
          clebert.suconic

Here is a summary of what I'm thinking... based in what we talked here so far + what I found out about the AS6 code.

I -Queues creation for the testsuite / TCK

There's a component already on the AS abstracting queue creation on the EJB deployer. I will need to create a component for HornetQ anyway.

So, instead of creating one component for the deployer, and one for the testsuite, I will make the change on the deployer, and also expose this DestinationManager thorugh JMX.

Both the testsuite and the TCK will be able to talk to the same component.

This won't cause any changes on HornetQ. (The setting is basically an injection of the JMSManager that will be static... no user configs done here)

II - Change the testsuite to use the DestinationManager.

There is a test library where the queue creation is delegated. I will need to change it

III - I will need to change the Joram tests also, since there is an Admin class that handles create queues.

IV - EJB3 will need to make the rar name configurable. It's using a fixed name (hard coded) ATM. I won't make that change but I will liase with the EJB3 team.

V - TCK will be the last barrier :-) With the DestinationManager in place... all we have to do is to change the TCK destination creator implementation to use that one.

This is all not really very complex. It's just a lot of little tests to be changed on EJB3 and AS/testsuite.

I'm thinking about doing all this in 2 weeks, and a 3rd week if sh*t happens.

TCK will be the riskier thing here.. but if we get a few failures on it that would make it a separate task. (Hopefully we won't get any / many).

I already started some of this during my hackings of the AS code this week. I will do it as fast as I can.
          • 32. Re: Integration with AS6
            timfox
            We also need to do JON integration
            • 33. Re: Integration with AS6
              clebert.suconic

Yes.. I forgot about that.. allthought I don't know how that works yet... I will liase with them

Also... I forgot to mention the deployer on my list. Something that will get "realize" there is a hornetq XML file and call the HornetQ config component.

• 34. Re: Integration with AS6
                jaikiran

clebert.suconic@jboss.com wrote:

IV - EJB3 will need to make the rar name configurable. It's using a fixed name (hard coded) ATM. I won't make that change but I will liase with the EJB3 team.

The resource-adapter name is already configurable. The *default* is jms-ra.rar. But that can be easily overriden through the EJB3 configuration file ejb3-interceptors-aop.xml.

• 35. Re: Integration with AS6
                  timfox
                  Yes. I think this is described in the HornetQ user manual too
                  • 36. Re: Integration with AS6
                    clebert.suconic
                    The default name will have to be changed when we are fully integrated with AS6. That default name is what I'm referring to.
                    • 37. Re: Integration with AS6
                      timfox

clebert.suconic@jboss.com wrote:

The default name will have to be changed when we are fully integrated with AS6. That default name is what I'm referring to.

Good point.

If the default messaging provider changes then the default rar name will need to change too. (You can't use the old generic RA withj HornetQ)

• 38. Re: Integration with AS6
                        jaikiran

Actually there should be a JMS integration SPI which EJB3 can use to get the resource adapter name. Without such SPI, it's going to be difficult to change the default rar name in EJB3 because the same source code will be used against EAP-5.x versions. Having an SPI will also make such changes, in future, transparent to EJB3.

• 39. Re: Integration with AS6
                          clebert.suconic

The resouce adapter is already an integration, so I don't think you need any SPI for JMS integration. the RAR has everything you need IMO.

All you need is a parameter on the deployers (or anywhere else on the EJB3) to configure the  default rar name.

• 40. Re: Integration with AS6
                            jaikiran
                            For the EJB3 related change, i have created a separate thread to discuss this http://community.jboss.org/thread/146914
                            • 41. Re: Integration with AS6
                              clebert.suconic

Just an update with today's progress on this task:

- Changed DestinationDeployer to use HornetQ.

- Made JBoss to start after the changes (still need some manual hacks that will get fixed tomorrow)

I'm waiting on JON team to re-enable the admin console and some input from Charles Crouch (or someone from Jon's team) on what needs to be done. So far it seems an easy task though.

• 42. Re: Integration with AS6
                                clebert.suconic

I was going to create a new branch for the AS6 integration because of the Admin-console is disabled at my branch.

However the admin-console is not enabled yet at AS6/trunk.

Any idea on when it's going to be re enabled?

Also, to build as6 trunk, you have to:

svn co https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/ as6-trunk

cd as6-trunk

./bulid.sh

the build/build.sh is actually for distribution only now. (It will be eventually renamed), AS6 is totally a maven build.

• 43. Re: Integration with AS6
                                  brian.stansberry
                                  The admin-console was re-enabled in trunk a few days ago.
                                  • 44. Re: Integration with AS6
                                    clebert.suconic

I just did a svn update on my trunk, built it and went to http://localhost:8080/admin-console and got the page not existent error.

Is there any "magic" I have to do to run the admin-console ATM?

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next