1 2 3 Previous Next 35 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2013 2:46 PM by karl_zhang Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Recovering non-serializable XAResource

Hey,

sorry for bringing up a very old thread, but today i had the same problem in a development environment.
        The message was there even after setting up the database completely new - i was 1 step before complete setup of a new development system ...

Therefore my opinion is, this remark for deleting the data directory of the jboss instance should even be in the developer wiki - the frist place i looked for information.

http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/WhydoIgetCouldnotfindnewXAResourcetouseforrecoveringnon-serializableXAResource

Placed a link to the topic there.

Best regards,
        Timo

• 31. Re: Recovering non-serializable XAResource
          ays_dude

Hi Sami,

We've run into the same problem with non-serialazable XAResource from Sonic

Sorry for newbie request, but maybe you can post the latest version of the code with the instructions how to configure the whole thing.

• 32. Re: Recovering non-serializable XAResource
            tomjenkinson

Timo and Alekseys, are you guys on JBoss 4.0.5GA, if so please can you update to AS7 and try again?

Thanks,

Tom

• 33. Re: Recovering non-serializable XAResource
              karl_zhang

Hi Tom,

I have this problem also with AS7.1.3. By adding the following properties in standalone.xml, I expected, that the data in object store will be removed after expired in 1 hour. But It was not the case.

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.expiryScannerTransactionStatusManager" value="com.arjuna.ats.internal.arjuna.recovery.ExpiredTransactionStatusManagerScanner"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.expiryScannerAtomicAction" value="com.arjuna.ats.internal.arjuna.recovery.AtomicActionExpiryScanner"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.expiryScanInterval" value="1"/> 

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.transactionStatusManagerExpiryTime" value="1"/>

Could you please check if these settings are still valid for AS7? Thanks!

Karl

• 34. Re: Recovering non-serializable XAResource
                tomjenkinson

Hi Karl,

I think from what I can see of the version of AS that you are using: https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/7.1.3.Final/transactions/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/txn/service/ArjunaRecoveryM… there is no way to add the AtomicActionExpiryScanner as the AS will overide your <property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.expiryScanner... programmatically.

As they are not programmatically overriden, these two settings should have taken but I guess unless we expire the AA its not too obvious from looking at the object store as most things wouldn't have expired for you:

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.expiryScanInterval" value="1"/>

<property name="com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.recovery.transactionStatusManagerExpiryTime" value="1"/>

I think your options would be to make the change yourself in the AS code or raise a WFLY issue to get it resolved by someone upstream in WildFly. I think the fix would be to check for those properties in WFLY and add them to the list it programmatically sets on Narayana.

Hope that helps,

Tom

• 35. Re: Recovering non-serializable XAResource
                  karl_zhang

Many thanks for your answer. I found another related topic explained by you, how to increase the recovery period.

Regards,  karl

1 2 3 Previous Next