1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2007 7:16 PM by unibrew

I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum

goldfrog

Our work heavily depends on JBoss platform( JBoss AS, Richfaces and so on), Thanks for your works. Now we want a user forum and JBoss Forum is good enough. But I want the forum to support simplified chinese(zh_CN). I am a senior software engineer and I have some experiences in internationalization and localization, so i want to add chinese localization by myself.

I have read Contributing to JBoss Forums project and it says
      I18N of Forums - Currently Forums already have English, Italian and German ResourceBundles?. Any other language translations are needed. (temporarily wait, I'm simplifying the bundle)
      I just want to know
      1.How long i need to wait until the bundle is ready?
      2.Is there a resource bundle list and other relative documents?

• 1. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
          unibrew

Hello

1. I'll try to finish this next week.
          2. I'm not sure what you are asking for. However, there are no documents about ResourceBundle of Forums. I have now only English, German and Italian bundles any other would be great, simplified chinese too. So, there is no list of needed bundles, all are welcomed.

Regards
          ------------------
          Ryszard Kozmik
          JBoss Forums Lead
          JBoss Labs Team

• 2. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
            lucboudreau

(temporarily wait, I'm simplifying the bundle)

I too am waiting to translate the bundles. You indicated in the wiki that you would simplify the source bundle so we could have less strings to translate.

If you can do this quickly, I'd be happy to contribute a french translation of the forums.

• 3. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
              unibrew

Hi

Sorry for delays but urgent jboss.org things took my time and I couldn't work on this this week. Next week should be better. I care a lot about I18N so it's one of my priorities. Please wait a bit more.

French translation would be great! Thanks in advance.

Regards
              ------------------
              Ryszard Kozmik
              JBoss Forums Lead
              JBoss Labs Team

• 4. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                unibrew

Hi

I simplified the bundle finally. It's available in svn branches of 1.0.1 version of Forums. Ready for new translations.

Regards
                ------------------
                Ryszard Kozmik
                JBoss Forums Lead
                JBoss Labs Team

• 5. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                  unibrew

Hello

Sadly, I found a couple of bugs in my simplifying python script and there are bugs in the bundle. Please hang on with translations. http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBFORUMS-231 has been reopened and I'll work on it today and tomorrow, till I finish ASAP.

Regards
                  ------------------
                  Ryszard Kozmik
                  JBoss Forums Lead
                  JBoss Labs Team

• 6. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                    unibrew

Hello

Resource bundle task is resolved. Everything should be fine now. Simplified bundle can be found in 1.0.1 svn branches of Forums.

Regards
                    ------------------
                    Ryszard Kozmik
                    JBoss Forums Lead
                    JBoss Labs Team

• 7. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                      lucboudreau

I'll get right to it. Where do I upload the french translation once done ?

• 8. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                        unibrew

Hi

When you finish, just create a patch task for Forums 1.0.1RC version. Similar to this one http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBFORUMS-203

Thanks
                        ------------------
                        Ryszard Kozmik
                        JBoss Forums Lead
                        JBoss Labs Team

• 9. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                          lucboudreau

There are still a couple elements which need to be included in the bundles.

In the new thread page, right below the "Post_topic_as" string, the words "sticky, announcement" etc are not translated.

The signature "Powered by JBOSS Forums" should be translated.

The breadcrumb trail starts with "JBoss forums". We need to be able to change this.

On the forum display page, the "Jump to:" label at the bottom is not included in the bundle.

Also, including accentuated characters in a bundle works fine in the page code itself. The characters are escaped correctly. But this is not true for messages displayed in the tip box when you create a message. The tips text should not be excaped or should be converted back to accentuated characters before beeing displayed.

Also, concerning this post issue :
                          http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4100683#4100683
                          I saw you guys comitted the patch. It works fine and solved the problem. I confirm it.

might stumble upon more untranslated strings, I'll get back to you then. Please fix these issues and I'll translate them also.

• 10. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                            unibrew

Hello

"lucboudreau" wrote:
                            In the new thread page, right below the "Post_topic_as" string, the words "sticky, announcement" etc are not translated.
                            Done

"lucboudreau" wrote:
                            The signature "Powered by JBOSS Forums" should be translated.
                            Done

"lucboudreau" wrote:
                            The breadcrumb trail starts with "JBoss forums". We need to be able to change this.
                            This is already possible by changing:
                            <managed-property>
                             <property-name>mainPageName</property-name>
                             <value>JBoss Forums</value>
                            </managed-property>
                            in forums-config.xml. I should probably include this info in the guide.

"lucboudreau" wrote:
                            On the forum display page, the "Jump to:" label at the bottom is not included in the bundle.
                            Done

"lucboudreau" wrote:
                            Also, including accentuated characters in a bundle works fine in the page code itself. The characters are escaped correctly. But this is not true for messages displayed in the tip box when you create a message. The tips text should not be excaped or should be converted back to accentuated characters before beeing displayed.
                            I'll look into this tomorrow.

"lucboudreau" wrote:
                            I might stumble upon more untranslated strings, I'll get back to you then. Please fix these issues and I'll translate them also.
                            btw. I commented on your French patch task (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBFORUMS-263)

Thanks
                            ------------------
                            Ryszard Kozmik
                            JBoss Forums Lead
                            JBoss Labs Team

• 11. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                              lucboudreau

New bug found when deleting a thread. It's a missing localized string. It happens when I open a thread and use the delete icon located in the moderation tools. You first get a confirmation screen and if you hit 'yes', the error pops up.

2007-11-06 10:10:28,303 ERROR [org.jboss.portlet.forums.ui.JSFUtil] org.jboss.po
                              rtlet.forums.ui.JSFUtil
                              java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.Pro
                              pertyResourceBundle, key SUCC_TOPIC_REMOVED
                               at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:325)
                               at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:322)
                               at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:285)
                               at org.jboss.portlet.forums.ui.JSFUtil.getBundleMessage(JSFUtil.java:271
                              )
                               at org.jboss.portlet.forums.ui.action.ModeratorAction.setInfoBundleMessa
                              ge(ModeratorAction.java:514)
                               at org.jboss.portlet.forums.ui.action.ModeratorAction.deleteTopic(Modera
                              torAction.java:169)
                               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
                              java:39)
                               at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
                              sorImpl.java:25)
                               at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                               at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:130)
                               at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:274)

at com.sun.facelets.el.TagMethodExpression.invoke(TagMethodExpression.ja
                              va:68)
                               at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyMethodBinding.invoke(LegacyMethodBinding.ja
                              va:69)

• 12. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                                lucboudreau

Same happens when moving a thread to another forum. Although this seems more complex since the key looked up for is refering to an internal error... ...

2007-11-06 10:15:45,250 ERROR [org.jboss.portlet.forums.ui.JSFUtil] org.jboss.po
                                rtlet.forums.ui.JSFUtil
                                java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find resource for bundle java.util.Pro
                                pertyResourceBundle, key ERR_INTERNAL
                                 at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:325)
                                 at java.util.ResourceBundle.getObject(ResourceBundle.java:322)
                                 at java.util.ResourceBundle.getString(ResourceBundle.java:285)
                                 at org.jboss.portlet.forums.ui.JSFUtil.getBundleMessage(JSFUtil.java:271
                                )
                                 at org.jboss.portlet.forums.ui.action.ModeratorAction.setWarnBundleMessa
                                ge(ModeratorAction.java:508)
                                 at org.jboss.portlet.forums.ui.action.ModeratorAction.moveTopic(Moderato
                                rAction.java:218)
                                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                 at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
                                java:39)
                                 at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
                                sorImpl.java:25)
                                 at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                                 at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:130)
                                 at com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:274)

at com.sun.facelets.el.TagMethodExpression.invoke(TagMethodExpression.ja
                                va:68)
                                 at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyMethodBinding.invoke(LegacyMethodBinding.ja
                                va:69)
                                 at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(Actio
                                nListenerImpl.java:63)
                                 at org.jboss.portlet.forums.auth.AuthorizationListener.processAction(Aut
                                horizationListener.java:101)
                                 at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
                                 at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:9
                                0)
                                 at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:1
                                64)
                                 at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(Lifecycl
                                eImpl.java:316)
                                 at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java
                                :86)

• 13. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                                  lucboudreau

Woops, forget about the last error message; the one concerning the internal error.

Just note that the keys SUCC_TOPIC_MOVED, SUCC_TOPIC_LOCKED, SUCC_TOPIC_UNLOCKED and SUCC_TOPIC_REMOVED are missing.

• 14. Re: I need some i18n  documents for JBoss forum
                                    unibrew

Hi

I've added: ERR_NO_DEST_FORUM, ERR_INTERNAL, SUCC_TOPIC_MOVED, ERR_CANNOT_REMOVE_TOPIC, SUCC_TOPIC_REMOVED, SUCC_TOPIC_LOCKED, SUCC_TOPIC_UNLOCKED, SUCC_TOPIC_SPLITTED, ERR_SPLIT_ONE_POST_TOPIC, ERR_SPLIT_ALL, ERR_DEST_FORUM, ERR_PERMISSION_VIOLATION, ERR_NO_POST_SELECTED, ERR_NO_SUBJECT_GIVEN

Thanks
                                    ------------------
                                    Ryszard Kozmik
                                    JBoss Forums Lead
                                    JBoss Labs Team

1 2 Previous Next