11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2006 7:14 PM by unibrew

Jboss forum and Oracle 9i

Hello,

I am using Jboss portal 2.4 and the jboss forum that comes with it. Previously I was using it with MySQL 5 and it worked fine. Now I need to use it with Oracle 9i and I am having some issues.

I can add a new forum and a new topic but I cannot post a reply. I am having the following error:

org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not initialize a collection: [org.jboss.portlet.forums.impl.PostImpl.attachments#6]
       at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:67)
       at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
       at org.hibernate.loader.Loader.loadCollection(Loader.java:1926)
       at org.hibernate.loader.collection.CollectionLoader.initialize(CollectionLoader.java:36)
       at org.hibernate.persister.collection.AbstractCollectionPersister.initialize(AbstractCollectionPersister.java:541)
       at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultInitializeCollectionEventListener.onInitializeCollection(DefaultInitializeCollectionEventListener.java:60)
       at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.initializeCollection(SessionImpl.java:1705)
       at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.initialize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:344)
       at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.read(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:86)
       at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.readSize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:109)
       at org.hibernate.collection.PersistentBag.size(PersistentBag.java:222)
       at org.jboss.portlet.forums.ForumsPortlet.fillShowTopicContext(ForumsPortlet.java:5855)
       at org.jboss.portlet.forums.ForumsPortlet.doView(ForumsPortlet.java:422)
       at org.jboss.portlet.JBossPortlet.doDispatch(JBossPortlet.java:254)

Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
      Mariella.

• 1. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
          unibrew

Hello

No, you do everything perfectly. Just while deploying on Oracle couple of table columns are wrongly created. To repair this you must modify tables JBP_FORUMS_POSTS and JBP_FORUMS_ATTACHMENTS, change clob field datatype to varchar2 and it should do the thing.

Cheers
          ------------------------
          Ryszard Kozmik
          JBoss Forums
          JBoss Labs Team

• 2. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i

It worked!

Thank you sooo very much!

• 3. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
              thanvi

Hi mmontoni.

I am trying to integrate JBoss Forums to JBoss Portal 2.4 and have lot of issues. Can I know which versionof JBoss Fourm you have used and also the if you can guide me through how to go about.

Thanks in advance

• 4. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
                unibrew

Hi

Please write what issues you are experiencing and what versions are you using so that we could help you :-)

Cheers
                ------------------------
                Ryszard Kozmik
                JBoss Forums
                JBoss Labs Team

• 5. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
                  thanvi

Hi

I am using the JBOSS Portal2.4 but it doenst come with JBoss Forums..

Any help regarding this

• 6. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
                    unibrew

Hello

You have two choices. Old Portal Forums are available in Portal 2.4 svn repository so you can build them from there. Second choice is using JBoss Forums packaged for JBoss Portal 2.4.

Regards
                    -----------------------
                    Ryszard Kozmik
                    JBoss Forums Lead
                    JBoss Labs Team

• 7. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
                      thanvi

Hi

It would be helpful if you can give me the links.

Thanks

• 8. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
                        unibrew

Hi

Try this package available here: http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossforums/downloads. You can find there also simple guide.

Regards
                        -----------------------
                        Ryszard Kozmik
                        JBoss Forums Lead
                        JBoss Labs Team

• 9. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
                          thanvi

I am using JBoss Portal 2.4.0 bundelded version with Jboss AS 4.0.4 GA, j2sdk1.4.2_04. I am getting the following error

org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: Error parsing the XML file: ; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.mx.util.JBossNotCompliantMBeanException: Error parsing the XML file: )
                          at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:196)
                          at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226)
                          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor73.invoke(Unknown Source)
                          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
                          at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
                          at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
                          at $Proxy4.install(Unknown Source)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.create(SARDeployer.java:249)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:953)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:943)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:807)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:771)
                          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor74.invoke(Unknown Source)
                          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
                          at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
                          at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
                          at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
                          at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
                          at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
                          at $Proxy8.deploy(Unknown Source)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:421)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:634)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:263)
                          at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner.startService(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:336)
                          at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:289)
                          at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)

• 10. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
                            unibrew

Hi

I found out that the xml cannot be parsed properly under JDK 1.4.2. I created JIRA bug issue for that http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBFORUMS-143 I'll try to resolve it ASAP.

Thanks for reporting
                            -----------------------
                            Ryszard Kozmik
                            JBoss Forums Lead
                            JBoss Labs Team

• 11. Re: Jboss forum and Oracle 9i
                              unibrew

Hello

The issue (http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBFORUMS-143) has been resolved. Fix is available in svn repository and will be also included in Beta release.

Regards
                              -----------------------
                              Ryszard Kozmik
                              JBoss Forums Lead
                              JBoss Labs Team