1 2 3 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2008 12:51 PM by heiko.braun Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Maven migration
        heiko.braun

Yes, I know. Tom's latest refactoring did break stuff and I wasn't able to fix everything therefore i put them into the excludes.

The revisions can be seen here:
        http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=138452

/Heiko

• 31. Re: Maven migration
          porcherg

Another problem with the migration: I had commit rights on the tempranillo part of the svn. Now if I try to commit to the new pvm, I get a "403 Forbidden (https://svn.jboss.org)" error.

regards, Guillaume

• 32. Re: Maven migration
            dlopezleon

"heiko.braun@jboss.com" wrote:
            BTW, do all of have Jira accounts for jBPM? It would help spreading the work load across people, in case you'd like to contribute...

I.e. removing the jbpm-parent.

I have Jira account and commit access (at least for the tempranillo part, I didn't try the others)
            I can remove the jbpm-parent if you agree (first I think we must create the jira ticket).

• 33. Re: Maven migration
              heiko.braun

commit rights

I've changed the SVN ACL's. You should now have full access to the pvm module. Let me know if you encounter further problems.

• 34. Re: Maven migration
                porcherg

"porcherg" wrote:
                PVM examples does not compile in the "mavenized" revision of the pvm [...]. The examples in the "ant" pvm have been updated

I copied the content of the examples in the "ant" pvm to the "maven" pvm. Examples should now compile.

regards,
                Guillaume

• 35. Re: Maven migration
                  porcherg

The pvm test suite classes (StandaloneTests, DbTests, AllTests...) have not been copied in the "mavenized" pvm.
                  These classes were used to make a distinction between tests that should succeed for each build and tests for features under development.

Is there a way with maven to launch the test suites or do we need to reintroduce the classes ?

regards,
                  Guillaume

• 36. Re: Maven migration
                    heiko.braun

I did remove the TestSuite collections because they did clash with the maven setup (Have been executed as tests and thus failed). But in general there shouldn't be any feature that doesn't compile and pass the test suite. If you need to develop new features that require you to commit before reaching test coverage, then you should work on a user branch instead and merge back to trunk when you are done.

• 37. Re: Maven migration
                      heiko.braun

Another way to achieve what you maybe looking for is (and what goes along with what I said above) is to exclude certain tests that do not pass. Currently we use the pom.xml for that:

<artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
                       <configuration>
                       <argLine>${surefire.jvm.args}</argLine>
                       <excludes>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/client/ExecutionServiceTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/client/ManagementServiceTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/enterprise/CommandExecutorTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/enterprise/TimerTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/enterprise/EnterpriseTimerSessionTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/enterprise/CommandReceiverTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/jobexecutor/JobExecutorTimerSessionTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/msg/MemMessageServiceTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/ConcurrentIncomingTransitionsTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/timer/TimerIntegrationTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/spring2/SpringPojoEnvironmentFactoryTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/expr/ExpressionTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/VariableExecutionTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/ForLoopBasedOnTransitionTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/VariableActivityInstanceTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/VariableScopeProgrammaticTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/svc/jobexecutor/ContinuationTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/svc/hibernate/ExecutionTypeTest.java</exclude>
                       <exclude>org/jbpm/pvm/internal/type/VariableAutoTypeResolutionTest.java</exclude>
                       </excludes>

This allows us to track regression as well as things that are still under development.

• 38. Re: Maven migration
                        heiko.braun

However we should make sure that everything that's excluded is actually backed by a Jira at least.

• 39. Re: Maven migration
                          salaboy21

Another problem with the migration: I had commit rights on the tempranillo part of the svn. Now if I try to commit to the new pvm, I get a "403 Forbidden (https://svn.jboss.org)" error.

I have the same problem.. i have jbpm code to commit but i get a 403 error.. i was working in some improvement to web services interfaces.. and Also have PVM commiter access
                          Any one knows who can change this rights?

• 40. Re: Maven migration
                            heiko.braun

I have the same problem.

But you are talking about the jbpm3 module, right?

• 41. Re: Maven migration
                              salaboy21

Yeap, I'm talking about https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbpm/jbpm3/trunk
                              because i have right to commit in PVM and also have code for jbpm3 module. Sorry for the cross post.. but i don't know with who i must talk to commit this improvements..
                              I think you heiko tell me that i can modify and improve the web services interfaces..
                              But i can't commit it right now...

• 42. Re: Maven migration
                                porcherg

Some files are now duplicated in the pvm: e.g. *.hbm.xml files are in modules/core/src/main/resources and in modules/core/src/main/java

I will remove them from modules/core/src/main/java.

For the package.html files used by the javadoc, where should we put the files ?

regards,
                                Guillaume

• 43. Re: Maven migration
                                  heiko.braun

I will remove them from modules/core/src/main/java

Yep, that looks like I missed those.

For the package.html files used by the javadoc, where should we put the files ?

Propably into resources/docs or something like that. Depends how the javadoc plugin picks up these file and if a default value for that exists. It may be the "extrasourcepath" config option that allows you to point it to another, arbitrary directory.

Thanks for your help.

1 2 3 Previous Next