1 2 3 Previous Next 39 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2009 9:32 AM by piergiorgiolucidi

Installation of JBoss Wiki

margotmedia

I try to install JBossWiki from Source Code with this instructions http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-10046.
      The build process with maven was successful but I don't see the WikiPortlet Instance of the deployed wiki.ear File. Can someone tell me what I have done wrong?

System Data:

maven 1.0.2
      JBoss Portal 2.6.7.GA-bundled
      jbosswiki-beta2-2.6-src

Thanks

• 1. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
          piergiorgiolucidi

As you can see in the previous post, I have published the new SVN address to build from source code.
          The document you used is old and during these days I hope to publish a new version of "Installation of JBoss Wiki" related to JBoss Wiki 1.0.

The new source code is now moved on Apache Maven 2, so this is a requirement to build correctly the project.
          On your build directory JBoss Wiki is builded as an exploded EAR. So you must create a directory called "wiki.ear" and then you must copy in this dir all the files builded with Maven 2.
          Now you can copy your wiki.ear package in deploy directory og JBoss.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
            margotmedia

Does it work with maven 2.0.10 or must I use a older Version of maven?

• 3. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
              piergiorgiolucidi

It works correctly with Maven 2.0.10 and 2.0.9 ;)

• 4. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                margotmedia

When I try to compile the wiki with "mvn all" on command line I get the following error!

[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
                [INFO] Error building POM (may not be this project's POM)

Project ID: null:forge-wiki:war:1.0
                Reason: Cannot find parent: jboss:wiki-common for project: null:forge-wiki:war:1.0 for project null:forge-wiki:war:1.0

Many Info Lines follows...

Sorry I'm a Newbie must I set a special Wiki Repository in settings File of maven? At the moment I only set the profile thats given on http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11378.

Can someone help Me?

Thanks

• 5. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                  piergiorgiolucidi

Which Maven version are you using?
                  Which SVN address have used for checkout of source code?

• 6. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                    margotmedia

Maven Version: maven 2.0.10

I used https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/portletswap/contrib/wikiPortlet/tags/1.0 to checkout the source code.
                    With http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/portletswap/contrib/wikiPortlet/tags/1.0 the checkout stops at 15,1 KB and Eclipse shows Multiple problems have occured "cannot checkout".
                    The same problem occurs while checkout the JBossBlog from http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossblog/trunk

• 7. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                      piergiorgiolucidi

It seems could be a SVN server problem, you must try to checkout later.

• 8. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                        margotmedia

I think it's strange that my maven searches the wiki-common-1.0.pom at http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/jboss/wiki-common/1.0/wiki-common-1.0.pom and http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/jboss/wiki-common/1.0/wiki-common-1.0.pom on this repositorys a folder named wiki-common not exists therfore I think I must set a special repository for the wiki!

• 9. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                          margotmedia

I have the problem with checkout of SVN sources since yesterday.
                          I installed subclipse 1.4.x over Software Update of Eclipse eventually I've made a mistake?

• 10. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                            piergiorgiolucidi

You must call:

mvn install

for wiki-common module, in this way this module will be installed in your repository. Then Maven will find this module in your repository and will compile all correctly.

I hope to publish soon the installation document of the new version :-P

Hope this helps.

• 11. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                              margotmedia

Sorry!

With mvn install in wiki-common directory I get a BUILD ERROR Invalid argument. With mvn -e install I get

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Invalid argument
                               at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
                              ultLifecycleExecutor.java:584)
                               at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLi
                              fecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:500)
                               at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
                              ltLifecycleExecutor.java:479)
                               at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
                              dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:331)
                               at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
                              ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:292)
                               at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
                              fecycleExecutor.java:142)
                               at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
                               at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
                               at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:301)
                               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
                              java:39)
                               at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
                              sorImpl.java:25)
                               at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                               at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
                               at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
                               at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)

at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
                              Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Invalid argument
                               at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.ResourcesMojo.execute(ResourcesMojo
                              .java:166)
                               at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPlugi
                              nManager.java:453)
                               at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(Defa
                              ultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
                               ... 16 more
                              Caused by: org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.MavenFilteringException: Invalid ar
                              gument
                               at org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.DefaultMavenFileFilter.copyFile(Def
                              aultMavenFileFilter.java:96)
                               at org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering.filt
                              erResources(DefaultMavenResourcesFiltering.java:293)
                               at org.apache.maven.plugin.resources.ResourcesMojo.execute(ResourcesMojo
                              .java:162)
                               ... 18 more
                              Caused by: java.io.IOException: Invalid argument
                               at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
                               at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Win32FileSystem.java:396)
                               at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(File.java:559)
                               at org.codehaus.plexus.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:959)
                               at org.codehaus.plexus.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:2051)
                               at org.apache.maven.shared.filtering.DefaultMavenFileFilter.copyFile(Def
                              aultMavenFileFilter.java:91)
                               ... 20 more

I need this installation instruction badly ;-)

I think I help you to find all the failures anyone can make ;-)

• 12. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                                piergiorgiolucidi

I found a bug on wiki-common and root pom.xml.
                                Try to delete from pom.xml and wiki-common/pom.xml this dependency:

<dependency>
                                 <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
                                 <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
                                 <version>5.0-1</version>
                                 <scope>provided</scope>
                                </dependency>

Thank you for trying to checkout, I think we have solved a bug ;)
                                If works in this way I'll commit these new poms on main trunk.

• 13. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                                  margotmedia

Same error again with deleted dependency on root pom.xml and pom.xml in wiki-common directory!

• 14. Re: Installation of JBoss Wiki
                                    piergiorgiolucidi

I have deleted that dependency and now works, the problem was only on installation of the wiki-common module.
                                    Have you tried your Maven installation on other projects?

1 2 3 Previous Next