14 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2008 12:28 AM by a.c.hansonjr

Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven

tony.herstell1

Downloaded the source.
      Downloaded maven (first time user)
      tried mvn all and got

C:\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4>mvn all
      [INFO] Scanning for projects...
      [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      [ERROR] BUILD FAILURE
      [INFO] Invalid task 'all': you must specify a valid lifecycle phase, or a goal in the format plugin:goal or pluginGroupId:pluginArtifactId:pluginVersion:goal
      [INFO] For more information, run Maven with the -e switch
      [INFO] Total time: < 1 second
      [INFO] Finished at: Tue Feb 20 12:12:06 NZDT 2007
      [INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M

Any suggestions?

(I messed around for a while and googled with no luck).

• 1. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
          tony.herstell1

Well I hacked the .ear and set up all the files I thought I would need.

It runs up great apart from no login.
          ... after a little while it dawned on me that this is supposed to run inside something else... JBoss Portal perhaps!

Sometimes finding exactly what you want through google is not the best way ;)
          [JBoss Wiki ] [Search...]
          All I wanted was a standalone wiki (like JSPWiki).

Ill go and download Portal, get that running and try running up again.

Doh!

:/

• 2. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
            szimano

As for source distro - are you sure you're using right maven (1.1.2 ?).

For the easiest installation I'd suggest installing from JEMS Installer - it'll set you up ejb3/portal and stuff.

And it's here: http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jemsinstaller

Cheers,
            Tomek

• 3. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
              szimano

Of course JEMS installer won't install you JB Wiki, just as+portal+ejb3 :)

Tomek

• 4. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                tony.herstell1

I got the latest maven... :(

I downloaded and hacked the .ear, it seems to be ignored anyhow when deployed in the portal JBoss.

I got it working (of sorts as I have plenty of exceptions)...

I can't remember the series of steps...

• 5. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                  szimano

Last one is not the right one (i know - i'm lazy :) )

Use this one:
                  http://maven.apache.org/maven-1.x/

steps are:
                  1) download jems installer, install "portal" configuration.
                  2) fill in .sample files in jbwiki-src
                  3) maven all

and it should work :)

szimano

• 6. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                    tony.herstell1

Great Thanks.

• 7. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                      tony.herstell1

C:\Documents and Settings\herstell\My Documents\Wiki\Source for wiki\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4>maven all
                      __ __
                      | \/ |__ _Apache__ ___
                      | |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \ ~ intelligent projects ~
                      |_| |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_| v. 1.0.2

build:start:

all:
                      wiki:all:
                      prepare-repo:
                      [copy] Copying 15 files to C:\Documents and Settings\herstell\.maven\repository
                      Starting the reactor...
                      Our processing order:
                      Wiki common
                      +----------------------------------------
                      | Making wiki-common for the repo Wiki common
                      | Memory: 2M/4M
                      +----------------------------------------
                      Attempting to download junit-3.8.1.jar.
                      Error retrieving artifact from [http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/junit/jars/junit-3.8.1.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status code
                      WARNING: Failed to download junit-3.8.1.jar.
                      Attempting to download commons-fileupload-1.0.jar.
                      Error retrieving artifact from [http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/commons-fileupload/jars/commons-fileupload-1.0.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error d
                      WARNING: Failed to download commons-fileupload-1.0.jar.
                      Attempting to download dom4j-1.6.jar.
                      Error retrieving artifact from [http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/dom4j/jars/dom4j-1.6.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status code wa
                      WARNING: Failed to download dom4j-1.6.jar.
                      Attempting to download portlet-api-1.0.jar.
                      Error retrieving artifact from [http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/portlet-api/jars/portlet-api-1.0.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; st
                      WARNING: Failed to download portlet-api-1.0.jar.
                      Attempting to download jbossall-client-3.2.3.jar.
                      Error retrieving artifact from [http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jboss/jars/jbossall-client-3.2.3.jar]: java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; st
                      WARNING: Failed to download jbossall-client-3.2.3.jar.

BUILD FAILED
                      File...... C:\Documents and Settings\herstell\My Documents\Wiki\Source for wiki\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4\maven.xml
                      Element... maven:reactor
                      Line...... 58
                      Column.... 56
                      The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependencies:

junit-3.8.1.jar
                      commons-fileupload-1.0.jar
                      dom4j-1.6.jar
                      portlet-api-1.0.jar
                      jbossall-client-3.2.3.jar

Total time: 11 seconds
                      Finished at: Thu Mar 15 18:10:00 NZDT 2007

C:\Documents and Settings\herstell\My Documents\Wiki\Source for wiki\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4>

Trying to build wiki... got really fed up hacking the .ear files. ;)

I am new to maven .. how do I fix this?

• 8. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                        tony.herstell1

Please advise...

This also posted on the portal site.

Set up environment

* Install java (1.5 - wiki only works with 1.5 as yet).
                         * Set up JAVA_HOME in the system PATH (My Computer - Environment Variables)
                         * Unpack JBoss Portal Latest Release (comes as a single package including JBoss)
                         * Install MySQL? (root, admin) and MySQL? gui tools.
                         * Create database jbossdb inside MySQL?
                         * link Jboss to MySQL? by:
                         o copying mysql-ds.xml from docs/examples/jca
                         o renaming the datasource to PortalDS? inside the file
                         o add username, password and machine name (root, admin, localhost)
                         o rename datasource in portal-hsqldb-ds.xml from PortalDS? to PortalDS_OLD
                         * run server (bin/run) and ensure it runs up and tables are created.

If building wiki:

* Install Maven (1.0.2)
                         * Add maven to system PATH
                         * Download wiki source
                         * Build wiki (to create ear file) using maven all in base wiki directory
                         * Deploy ear file into deploy area of Jboss server

If hacking an ear file (current process as maven doesn't work)

* explode the ear file and update the relevant files (see Jboss wiki wiki to see the files you want to change).. where files are stored, which extensions will be rendered as images etc.

JIRA issues raised:
                        Cannot actually build wiki from Maven as maven cannot import some jars.
                        Cannot run up the latest (beta) portal with wiki as it doesn't like it.
                        Positioning a User component to allow the users to login when the wiki page is being displayed... this is not remembered over a server re-start so you have to go admin and add the User Component again.

09:42:22,180 INFO [MyFacesGenericPortlet] PortletContext 'C:\Program Files\jboss-portal-2.6-BETA1\server\default\.\deploy\jboss-portal.sar\portal-ad
                        09:42:23,414 INFO [WrapperDataSourceService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=PortalDS_OLD' to JNDI name 'java:Port
                        09:42:23,492 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console, warUrl=.../deploy/jmx-console.war/
                        09:42:23,758 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/Program Files/jboss-portal-2.6-BETA1/server/default/deploy/wiki.ear
                        09:42:24,086 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/wiki-test, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp54289wiki.ear-contents/wiki-test-exp.war/
                        09:42:24,305 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/wiki, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp54289wiki.ear-contents/wiki-exp.war/
                        09:42:24,461 ERROR [[/wiki]] Exception starting filter wikiFileAccessFilter
                        java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/wiki/WikiSession
                         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
                         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
                         at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2671)
                         at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:321)
                         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
                         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:210)
                         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:304)
                         at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:77)

• 9. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                          szimano

Hey... looks like ibiblio is breaking something ;-)

It appears that old links to jar on ibiblio are fwding to ther links, but maven 1.0.2 doesn't understand them.

Could you please edit all project.properties files (main folder, wiki-common/, forge-wiki/, wiki-management/, wiki-test) and change:
                          maven.repo.remote=http://repository.atlassian.com,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven,http://dist.codehaus.org/

to

maven.repo.remote=http://repo1.maven.org/maven

That should do the trick.

Cheers,
                          Tomek

• 10. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                            tony.herstell1

Cheers Tomek
                            That better..
                            Now I have

prepare-ear:
                            [delete] Deleting directory C:\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4\target\ear
                            [copy] Copying 1 file to C:\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4\target\ear

BUILD FAILED
                            File...... C:\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4\maven.xml
                            Element... ant:copy
                            Line...... 82
                            Column.... 32
                            C:\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4\lib not found.
                            Total time: 10 seconds
                            Finished at: Fri Mar 16 12:17:59 NZDT 2007

C:\jbosswiki-beta2-2.4>

:(

• 11. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                              tony.herstell1

I ran maven ear
                              I got the ear but am dubious that is ok.

• 12. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                                tony.herstell1

15:07:05,711 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console, warUrl=.../deploy/jmx-console.war/
                                15:07:05,977 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/Program Files/jboss-portal-2.6-BETA1/server/default/deploy/wiki.ear
                                15:07:06,274 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/wiki-test, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp12499wiki.ear-contents/wiki-test-exp.war/
                                15:07:06,477 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/wiki, warUrl=.../tmp/deploy/tmp12499wiki.ear-contents/wiki-exp.war/
                                15:07:06,696 ERROR [[/wiki]] Exception starting filter wikiFileAccessFilter
                                java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/wiki/WikiSession
                                 at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
                                 at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2357)
                                 at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2671)
                                 at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:321)
                                 at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
                                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:210)
                                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:304)

• 13. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                                  oberiko

Hello.

Would it be possible to replace the current files on the site with property files that point to the the new Maven repositories? Probably save quite a few headaches.

• 14. Re: Downloaded the source and wouldnt build from Maven
                                    a.c.hansonjr

Whats the chance that we can get the properties files updated, it took much searching to find this forum with the proper repository location to set, and a year later its still set as the old repositories. I would be glad to help with some of that type stuff. The frustration of having to go through this almost made it more worthwhile to chase down some other wiki project, and I would hate for that to be the standard reaction. You guys really have a cool solution on your hands once it gets working out of the box.

Is there a way to let the portlet set this info at install time?