2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2006 6:52 AM by aron.gombas

Performance Advice?

spostek

I've finally got Kosmos working managing my CruiseControl boxes and it looks terrific. However, it runs a bit slow. I'm running with JBoss4.02 AS and JBoss Portal 2 bundle.

Anyone out with a couple of performance tips? I'm likely to officially to deploy this in the next few months to a group of about 100 developers so I really need better performance.

Thanks,
      Steve

• 1. Re: Performance Advice?
          aron.gombas

"spostek" wrote:
          I've finally got Kosmos working managing my CruiseControl boxes and it looks terrific. However, it runs a bit slow.

Thanks for feedback, Steve.
          I'd happily help you to improve the performance, but my first question is: have you identified where is the bottleneck? The Kosmos CC service does only very basic processing, so I'd say that it should be the network bandwidth (meaning that it takes for a while to download the HTML pages that contain the CC logs embedded).

Could you check this? You can easily "profile" this by looking at the timestamps of the JBAS log entries: you can see when it started to download the Results page, and you can see when that was completed.

Plz let me know what you've found.

• 2. Re: Performance Advice?
            aron.gombas

Hey Steve,

If you have some time to play with it, you might find the "update scheduler" feature (that comes with 0.2.0RC2) interesting. Scheduling can be the ultimate answer for expensive updates...