1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 28, 2007 7:46 PM by gavin.king

Seam Remoting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/el/Exp

p2auljr

I am testing the seam remoting feature on JBOSS 4.2 with seam 1.2.1 ga. I have a bean with bijection annotations that use el expressions to inject the proper object. I get the following error when a remote method is called.:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:com/sun/el/ExpressionFactoryImpl
      at org.jboss.seam.core.Expressions$1.getValueExpression(Expressions.java:110)
      at org.jboss.seam.core.Expressions$1.getValue(Expressions.java:73)
      at org.jboss.seam.Component.getValueToInject(Component.java:1877)
      at org.jboss.seam.Component.injectAttributes(Component.java:1368)
      at org.jboss.seam.Component.inject(Component.java:1195)
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.BijectionInterceptor.aroundInvoke(BijectionInterceptor.java:46)
      at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:69)
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor.aroundInvoke(ManagedEntityIdentityInterceptor.java:37)
      at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:69)
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.ConversationInterceptor.aroundInvoke(ConversationInterceptor.java:63)
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.MethodContextInterceptor.aroundInvoke(MethodContextInterceptor.java:27)
      at org.jboss.seam.intercept.RootInterceptor.invoke(RootInterceptor.java:103)
      at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SessionBeanInterceptor.aroundInvoke(SessionBeanInterceptor.java:53)
      at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor136.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.interceptor.InvocationContextImpl.proceed(InvocationContextImpl.java:118)

For example:

@Name("test")
      public class Test implements Serializable
      {
      @In(#{someBean.property})

@WebRemote
      public void test()
      {
      // some code
      }
      }

Is this a bug or am I not supped to use el-expressions and/or bijection for beans that are to be accessed remotely?

Thank you.