9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2010 9:16 PM by tiru.k

Creating a CMS interceptor

frontline2

I'm trying to add my own interceptor in addition to the ones already in use (like the ACL interceptor).
      I have added the mbean stuff in the cms's jboss-service.xml as was stated in the instructions.
      But a few problems:

- how can I get jboss to find my mbean class from my own portal .war file, so that I don't have to copy the classes under jboss lib-directories?
      This is so I can use eg. a Singleton from both my webapp and the mbean.

- How can I integrate spring into this? I tried to use spring's mbean exporter to export the mbean. It shows up in the JMX console but the CMS service doesnt find it (NOTYETINSTALLED error)?

I exported the bean with the name "portal:service=Interceptor,type=Cms,name=Test"

And this is from jboss-service.xml:

<!-- interceptor factory where all cms interceptors are registered -->
       <mbean
       code="org.jboss.portal.server.impl.invocation.JBossInterceptorStackFactory"
       name="portal:service=InterceptorStackFactory,type=Cms"
       xmbean-dd=""
       xmbean-code="org.jboss.portal.jems.as.system.JBossServiceModelMBean">
       <xmbean/>
       <depends-list optional-attribute-name="InterceptorNames">
       <depends-list-element>portal:service=Interceptor,type=Cms,name=Test</depends-list-element>
       <depends-list-element>portal:service=Interceptor,type=Cms,name=ACL</depends-list-element>
       <depends-list-element>portal:service=Interceptor,type=Cms,name=ApprovalWorkflow</depends-list-element>
       </depends-list>
       </mbean>

If the above isn't possible, what is the "best practice" for creating cms interceptors that use the same code (and database access etc.) that your webapp does?

• 1. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor
          frontline2

Sorry for bumping this, but does anybody have any idea about creating these interceptors?
          Is this the wrong forum? I tried to read the different jboss docs but they weren't very helpful for this.

To simplify the question (and maybe I have to forget about spring integration):
          - how can I create an Interceptor that is loaded by the same classloader as the web application (.war), so that I can share the code and more importantly share the state of the classes (singletons, caches, etc.).
          Do I need to create an .ear, .sar, my own xxx-servixce.xml or something else for this to work?

• 2. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor
            frontline2

I tried a different approach to this by dynamically adding interceptors to the stack.

I can get a reference to the InterceptorFactory object and list the two default interceptors in it.
            But how can I add interceptors?
            The addInterceptor() method is located in the class JBossInterceptorStackFactory, but how can I get an instance of this?
            If I try to cast the InterceptorFactory I got it throws a ClassCastException, because it is of type "$proxy242".
            The class show this when I print it:
            "MBeanProxyExt[portal:service=InterceptorStackFactory,type=Cms], $Proxy242"

I get the object using the following (which seems to be working when using the interface and not the implementation class):

MBeanServer server = MBeanServerLocator.locate();
             m_mbeanProxy = MBeanProxyExt.create(m_proxyInterface, m_objectName, server);

• 3. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor
              soshah

frontline-

Instead of the dynamic interceptor approach, package your application as a sar archive

Make your sar archive self-contained with all your dependencies inside it including the Spring files and your war files.

Register your mbean via the META-INF/jboss-service.xml technique.

When packaged properly, the CMS Interceptor stack should pick up your MBEAN and call it

Thanks

• 4. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor
                frontline2

Thanks for this, I will try it and report back.
                I hadn't yet tried this because I didn't know if the portal (ie. my own .war) also gets correctly installed this way, and I'm not that well versed in all the different deployment formats (war, ear, sar, rar...)

• 5. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor
                  frontline2

Tried this and didn't quite get it to work. Probably because I'm not an jboss-expert but anyways...

I made a .sar file with a file META-INF/jboss-service.xml, which contained the following:

<server>
                  <mbean code="TestInterceptor"
                   name="portal:service=Interceptor,type=Cms,name=Test" xmbean-dd=""
                   xmbean-code="org.jboss.portal.jems.as.system.JBossServiceModelMBean">
                   <xmbean />
                  </mbean>
                  </server>

If I put this .sar in the deploy directory I get the following errors:
                  20:48:23,468 INFO [EjbModule] Deploying Sequence
                  20:48:23,531 WARN [EjbModule] Could not load the org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor interceptor for this cont
                  ainer
                  javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager is not registered.

and a bit later
                  ble: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.portal.jems.as.system.JBossServiceModelMBean)

If I put jboss-jars in the lib folder of my jar I can get rid of the ClassNotFoundException, or if I put the .sar under deploy/jboss-portal.sar it also only complains about the following:
                  20:50:27,421 INFO [EjbModule] Deploying Sequence
                  20:50:27,484 WARN [EjbModule] Could not load the org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor interceptor for this cont
                  ainer
                  javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: jboss.jca:service=CachedConnectionManager is not registered.

Any ideas or pointers?

• 6. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor
                    frontline2

Alright, I think I got a little bit further (I had a jboss class in my lib folder which apparently caused problems for jboss's own services, go figure...)

But now my problem is that my webapp uses a datasource, but it can't find it because it seems that the web archive (which is in the .sar) is deployed before the datasource is registered.
                    I can see the datasource in the JMX console so it gets deployed correctly (and it of course worked before I tried this .sar stuff).

• 7. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor
                      soshah

Try deploying the war files by themselves then outside the sar.

Thanks

• 8. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor
                        frontline2

Got this to work somehow by specifying dependencies so the services load in the correct order, and adding classpath items in the jboss-service.xml to get the .war and mbean to use the same classloader and classes.
                        It's quite a hacky solution, must think of something better.

• 9. Re: Creating a CMS interceptor

Hi...

Is it possbile to customize/intercept Jboss portal actions (CMS file upload)?

I want to generate dynamic page displaying the message 'Succesfully uploaded file <filename> on <datet/ime>' after file is browsed & uploaded from Jboss CMS (content management system).

As i never used interceptors, I will appreciate if u give me steps to create/configue CMS interceptors with sample.

Thanks in advance.

tiru