1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2010 1:12 AM by ohmygod Go to original post
      • 15. Re: JBossXB should swap out the Context ClassLoader before i
        rodos77

Thank you for getting to the bottom of this. In the meantime, is it possible to create a JIRA for this so that progress/status can be tracked?

• 16. Re: JBossXB should swap out the Context ClassLoader before i
          navsum

Hi,

I had same problem while upgrading my applications from Jboss 4x to 5x .

first it was unable to find xerces throwing

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/XMLReader

then I change the parameter parent-first="true" in jboss-classloading.xml

this time it was unable to find strut's jar files throwing exception such as

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet cannot be cast to javax.servlet.Servlet

I had to do following work around

1) jboss-classloading.xml

<classloading xmlns="urn:jboss:classloading:1.0"
          name="aris.war"
          domain="DefaultDomain"
          export-all="NON_EMPTY"
          import-all="true"
          parent-first="true">

2) I moved all my struts jars , xerces etc use in my war\WEB-INF\lib to jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\lib

the application finally deployed successfully.

Thanks

• 17. Re: JBossXB should swap out the Context ClassLoader before i
            starksm64

"rodos77" wrote:
            Thank you for getting to the bottom of this. In the meantime, is it possible to create a JIRA for this so that progress/status can be tracked?

Its https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7210

• 18. Re: JBossXB should swap out the Context ClassLoader before initi
              ohmygod

Hi Scott,

Could you please provide me a binary patch that can be applied to JBoss 5.1.0 so that I can use it to resolve the jar conflict issue? Thank you so much.

1 2 Previous Next