1 2 3 4 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2009 8:53 AM by juanignaciosl Go to original post
      • 30. Re: interested in contributing ?
        caleb.powell

Hi,

I signed the corporate contributor agreement about 3-4 days ago, but my employer did not receive their version of the agreement to sign. I'm trying to determine if something went wrong (e.g. I provided JBoss with an invalid email address for my employer) or whether the process just takes longer than I expected.

I have sent an email to JBoss help (last Thursday) but I haven't received a response. Is the contribution approval process automated , or is someone on the JBoss side reviewing everything?

• 31. Re: interested in contributing ?
          caleb.powell

My apologies. I didn't notice the "Resend verification email" link on the contribution page. Please disregard my previous email.

• 32. Re: interested in contributing ?
            caleb.powell

Tom,

the contribution agreement has been signed. Please let me know when I have write permission on the svn repository.

Thanks.

• 33. Re: interested in contributing ?
              tom.baeyens

is your username caleb.powell ?

if yes, try your svn commit rights

use the projects location we agreed before.

• 34. Re: interested in contributing ?

"caleb.powell" wrote:
                Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I have made a request to open source the jbpm-migrator project. It may take a little while to get an answer, as we are currently in the middle of kicking of some new development work. I will let you know as soon as I have some news.

Regards,

Caleb

any news on this front?

• 35. Re: interested in contributing ?
                  koen.aers

Caleb's work in in SVN currently. Also, there will be support for instance migration in the upcoming release. I will add documentation around this to the developer's guide in the coming days. The support will be in incubation initially with the purpose of gathering more feedback on the different use cases.

Cheers,
                  Koen

• 36. Re: interested in contributing ?
                    sebastian.s

Hi Koen!

These are great news. By upcoming release you mean 4.2 although this issue is scheduled for 4.3 in JIRA?

Regards
                    Sebastian

• 37. Re: interested in contributing ?
                      koen.aers

Ah I have 2 more months to finish the documentation then... :-))

The support for it is currently in the build already so it will be in 4.2. It just needs to be documented and it probably will change a bit here and there based on you guys' feedback because I have no clear view on all the use cases.

Cheers,
                      Koen

• 38. Re: interested in contributing ?

hi. how can one contribute with code to jBPM? ist it possible? is there a description how i could check out and compile jBPM(The anonymous SVN links from jBPM page are not working.? I am interested into contributing code comments, API refactorings (I am quite good at API design) and also features.

• 39. Re: interested in contributing ?
                          sebastian.s

I see no point in your question. Since jBPM is an open source project why souldn't it be possible to contribute? And this sticky post here already explains a lot.

I checked out the sources a couple of days ago and it worked fine for me using this url:

https://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbpm/

Google search for: jBPM "building from source"

the second result leads you to this step-by-step manual:

http://labs.jboss.com/community/wiki/jBPM4BuildingfromSource%20%20.pdf

• 40. Re: interested in contributing ?

thx for the links..i havent googled that.. but I stil don't know how should i check in the changes? should i make patches and send them to someone? if yes.... to whom?
                            another question: as i know anonymous SVN is not up to date and it can be that i send a patch to an already changed file. is it so?

• 41. Re: interested in contributing ?

thx for the links. i still don't know the way this should work..i will try to bild it and make some changes but i don't know whom should i send the changes. I don't see a lot of interest in geting new developers for the project. that is why i asked if you gotta work for jboss to get the commit rights.

as i know the anonymous SVN isn not realy up to date with the source code... is it so?

• 42. Re: interested in contributing ?

damn..i haven't see the last message from me.. that is why i posted another ;).. sry...

• 43. Re: interested in contributing ?
                                  jbarrez

@vchira: the anonsvn is just a mirror of the official one, so it is always up to date.

We don't hand out commit right to anyone. Synchronization with the core devs is always needed to avoid the introduction of bugs. You can always propose a patch for a given issue. Depending on the quality of the patches, we can then later decide for commit rights.

• 44. Re: interested in contributing ?

I don't even want commit rights unless you think is appropriate. why i wanted to know is how can one propose patches. whom should i send the patches?