1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2007 6:08 AM by koen.aers

JBPM with Eclipse 3.2, Newbie getting started

geoffpowdrell2

Hi,
      I've read through the doco on getting started but finding it all quite confusing.
      Step 1:
      I've downloaded Eclipse 3.2.1 as a separate task and installed it on my harddrive - all OK.
      Step 2:
      I've downloaded the JBoss jBPM 3.1.4 starter kit, double clicked on the start.bat and using my browser gone through the whole Cookie monster/ernie/bert Task reallocation Web app provided. All very nice, but now to setting up my Eclipse 3.2.1 environment.

I've seen Chapter 3. Tutorial where it says this .......
      To get started for eclipse users: download jbpm-3.0-[version].zip and unzip it to your sytem. Then do "File" --> "Import..." --> "Existing Project into Workspace". Click "Next" Then, browse for the jBPM root directory and click "Finish". Now you have a jbpm.3 project in your workspace. You can now find the examples of the tutorial in src/java.examples/.... When you open these examples, you can run them with "Run" --> "Run As..." --> "JUnit Test"
      Done that (from the starter kit), but....
      What I'm wanting to be able to do now is simply go File / New / Other and see a JBoss jBPM Node with a Process Definition and Process Project subnode underneath it. So, what do I need to do manually to get these plugins into my Eclipse 3.2.1 IDE ?
      Following on from that which version of the designer works with Eclipse 3.2.1 and can do I go through the Help / Software Updates / Add new Archived Location prompts ? or must I manually copy the features and plugins folders from my designer folder into my Eclipse plugin and features folders ?

--
      I've seen the doco which tells me to go to the JBoss IDE download page http://www.jboss.com/products/jbosside/downloads and select the more recent GA version (JBossIDE-1.6.0 GA-Bundle-win32.zip), which currently embeds Eclipse 3.1; which is not what we want for our project, we want Eclipse 3.2. And, as mentioned I've already downloaded and installed Eclipse separately. So I wanting to skip this step.

OK, so there's my issues - anyone daring to help, it would be appreciated. I'm prototying the tool for a big project, and so far it's my favourite Webflow engine. Just need to make it easy for everyone on the project to get up to speed quickly with installations etc.
      Geoff