1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Jan 6, 2010 5:34 PM by clebert.suconic

Thoughts on jboss-profiler-2.0.Beta3.SP1 install/usage instr

alegomes

Hi Cleber et. al.

This is my first time running jboss-profiler-2.0.Beta3.SP1. I've just downloaded it, started investigating README.txt and there comes my feedback.

- In the begining, README.txt mentions 'command line client'. In my understanding, there should be a CLI 'client' tool somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

- Then, a bunch of parameters are listed, but I think it's not relevant at that moment. The fisrt thing I'd like to see as a jboss-profiler newbie is how do I get it up and running, not the whole set o config params, that could be available for references only.

- So, I found a section called 'Deployment in JBoss Application Server'. That's what I was looking for. I think that should be on the very beginning of the document.

- "Edit jboss-profiler.properties in jbossas/bin to include the classes to be profiled" Should I read all the possible config parameters to get the point? Why not just show an example right here (includes=...) and then make a reference to the complete documentation?

- "Edit run.conf (Unix) or run.bat (Windows) in jbossas/bin to include JBoss Profiler in JAVA_OPTS" Ok, but HOW?! Again, I must read all the doc to get the right configuration.

- "Boot application server" I did, and I got a 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javassist/ClassPool' because and didn't read further (yes, I'm using JB 4.2.2).

- "java -jar jboss-profiler-client.jar getSnapshot 1" And then, what? There is no Web GUI anymore? Now, it's all about TXT files?

Just make it clear. I'm not criticizing the great job you've done. It's way better than previous versions. The thing is I want to contribute to make jboss-profiler more popular than ever.

[]s

1 2 Previous Next