1 2 3 4 Previous Next 45 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2008 8:45 AM by jesper.pedersen Go to original post
      • 30. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
        mgearhart

Correction. I meant to type jboss-profiler.jar, not jboss-profile.jar.

Thanks

• 31. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
          jesper.pedersen

Did you remember to

Include the following in JAVA_OPTS: -javaagent:jboss-profiler.jar -Djboss-profiler.properties=jboss-profiler.properties

(see README.txt) ?

• 32. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
            lretief

Why would I get this when attempting to stop the profiler?

2008-04-09 15:47:01,783 ERROR [org.jboss.profiler.client.cmd.Client]
            java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.jboss.profiler.agent.ClassUtil.getClasses(ClassUtil.java:80)
            at org.jboss.profiler.agent.Profiler.stopProfiler(Profiler.java:146)
            at org.jboss.profiler.connectors.AbstractHandler.handleCommand(AbstractHandler.java:51)
            at org.jboss.profiler.connectors.SocketHandler.invoke(SocketHandler.java:50)
            at org.jboss.remoting.ServerInvoker.invoke(ServerInvoker.java:734)
            at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.processInvocation(ServerThread.java:560)
            at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.dorun(ServerThread.java:369)
            at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.ServerThread.run(ServerThread.java:165)
            at org.jboss.remoting.MicroRemoteClientInvoker.invoke(MicroRemoteClientInvoker.java:163)
            at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:1550)
            at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:530)
            at org.jboss.remoting.Client.invoke(Client.java:518)
            at org.jboss.profiler.client.cmd.Client.main(Client.java:252)

• 33. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
              jesper.pedersen

Iretief, it is trying to resolve the profiled class types.

The bug has been fixed in the latest snapshot, so it will appear in the release.

• 34. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                lretief

Thank you!

Where can I get the latest snapshot? Do I have to build it from source?

When will there be an updated CR?

• 35. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                  jesper.pedersen

You have to build it from source -- the next CR will be a while. We are currently working on a web front-end.

• 36. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                    lretief

My properties file seems not to being read at all, so I am trying to use the addClass method on the JMX console to get my classes profiled. What should the format of the Visibility parameter be - I have tried "public", "PUBLIC" and Visibility.PUBLIC and all return an exception about the Visibility property not being found.

I am using the latest source from svn.

• 37. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                      jesper.pedersen

Its a Visibility enum -- the method is meant for tool support.

You can use the client to add classes during run-time.

See the README file (client add).

• 38. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                        lretief

Jesper, please have a look at the issue we put in a new thread at http://jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=133963

• 39. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                          jesper.pedersen

The official Beta1 is out: http://www.jboss.org/jbossprofiler/downloads/

The profiler will now follow the standard release cycle of all JBoss products.

Changes in this release:
                          * Initial Ant tasks
                          * Various improvements
                          * Bug-fixes

Feel free to provide feedback in this thread.

• 40. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                            jbn1v

Is there current documentation somewhere? The pdf on the web site doesn't seem to match the beta1 download (not even a little). A lot of things I can intuit but it would still be nice to have a brief description of the columns in the snapshot reports, and the effect of the commands to the client (e.g. what is the difference between snapshot, getSnapshot, and save, or what parameters do the commands take, etc. It's really hard to figure that stuff out (I know I could dive through the code but that's a bit much :-))

Thanks,
                            Jeff.

P.S. Even from what little I have been able to figure out it is quite useful. A graphical interface to the reports would be great though.

• 41. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                              jesper.pedersen

The current documentation is the README.txt file in the distribution.

We are working on a web ui for the GA release.

Hope this helps.

• 42. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                                jbn1v

I read the README.txt from which I could figure out how to get a snapshot, but it didn't answer any of the questions in my post. Could you update it to describe what parameters, if any, the commands to the client utility take, what the various snapshot commands do, and what the column headings in the snapshot reports are? One other thing I have noticed is .jps files showing up. What are they for? Can they be deleted?

Thanks again.

• 43. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                                  scolombara00

Hi All,

I'm having problem starting jboss with profiler enabled. I've followed the readme instruction, but something is going wrong:

===============================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: C:\jboss-4.2.1.GA

JAVA: C:\Programmi\Java\jdk1.5.0_11\bin\java

JAVA_OPTS: -javaagent:jboss-profiler.jar -Djboss-profiler.properties=jboss-profiler.properties -Djava.library.path="C:
                                  \jboss-4.2.1.GA\bin\native;....
                                  ===============================================================================

JBoss Profiler 2.0.Beta1 (Sun Microsystems Inc. 1.5.0_11)
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@133796
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@8a0d5d
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@13caecd
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@f84386
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@1194a4e
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@19dfbff
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@750159
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@1c39a2d
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@1e97676
                                  Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@60420f
                                  .. .. .. ..

Failed to initalize plugin: org.jboss.logging.Log4jLoggerPlugin@19c0bd6
                                  Failed to boot JBoss:
                                  org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: - nested throwable: (java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException)
                                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:196)
                                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.install(ServiceController.java:226)
                                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:86)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
                                  at $Proxy4.install(Unknown Source)
                                  at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.create(SARDeployer.java:249)
                                  at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:969)
                                  at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:818)
                                  at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:782)
                                  at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:766)
                                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:155)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:94)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:133)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:142)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:88)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:264)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:659)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:210)
                                  at $Proxy5.deploy(Unknown Source)
                                  at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:482)
                                  at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:362)
                                  at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:200)
                                  at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:508)
                                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
                                  Caused by: java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
                                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator.install(ServiceCreator.java:236)
                                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.internalInstall(ServiceConfigurator.java:449)
                                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceConfigurator.install(ServiceConfigurator.java:171)
                                  ... 36 more
                                  Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/mx/util/JBossNotificationBroadcasterSupport
                                  at org.jboss.remoting.network.NetworkRegistry.(NetworkRegistry.java:55)
                                  at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
                                  at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
                                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
                                  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.instantiate(MBeanServerImpl.java:1233)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.instantiate(MBeanServerImpl.java:286)
                                  at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.createMBean(MBeanServerImpl.java:344)
                                  at org.jboss.system.ServiceCreator.install(ServiceCreator.java:157)
                                  ... 38 more
                                  Shutdown complete
                                  Halting VM

Any help ?

thanks, simone.

• 44. Re: JBoss Profiler 2
                                    fiorenzino

Hi Simone,
                                    you must copy in your $JBOSS_HOME/bin directory only this files:

javassist.jar
                                    jboss-profiler-client.jar
                                    jboss-profiler.jar
                                    jboss-profiler-plugins.jar
                                    jboss-profiler.properties

Not all jars!!

And jboss-profiler.sar in $JBOSS_HOME/server/$SERVER_NAME/deploy

bye
                                    fiorenzo