6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2007 5:39 PM by saki

Problem using .NET Compact Framework Client

manuel.gentile

I known that it is a Microsoft problem, anyway I post the error to ask for a solution!

I develop a Web Service using JBossWS. The WSDL generated define some complex types... with inside some sequences....
      When i use the WS with a Desktop client everything goes fine; instead the compact framework have some problem in recognize the sequence... in particular the order of fields into the various sequence did not follow the wsdl...!!!!!

Any suggestion.....

• 1. Re: Problem using .NET Compact Framework Client
          manuel.gentile

Is it possible to disable validation of soap message ?

The Microsoft CF client generate an invalid order of fields in the sequence... I would like to make no control over this message....

I need some help plz!

• 2. Re: Problem using .NET Compact Framework Client
            jason.greene

Since the parsing code relies on the order, the only solution you have is to write a handler and then correct the order.

-Jason

• 3. Re: Problem using .NET Compact Framework Client
              tapeshag

I am also facing the similar problem. The generate file 'Reference.cs' doesnt get compiled as it gives compilation error ''System.Xml.Serialization.XmlElementAttribute' does not contain a definition for 'Form''

When I comment all the 'Form' in the file, it gets compiled but web service doesnt work. The server crips for out of sequence error.

Just wanted to know if this is resolved in .net compact framework 2.0 version.

• 4. Re: Problem using .NET Compact Framework Client
                duffcase

AFAIK this has been an issue for a long time, and the folks over at ms say it is a design fault, and mark all the bug reports as false.

I posted a bug on connect for this over 6 months ago, but there hasn't been any progress at all.

• 5. Re: Problem using .NET Compact Framework Client
                  king_country2000

We had the same issue in that the .NET compact framework does not handle unqualified too well.

Setting up a package-info.java with

@javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlSchema(namespace = "http://a.c.f.i.com", elementFormDefault=javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlNsForm.QUALIFIED)
                  package a.c.f.i;

in the directory containing all the objects being transferred to the client solved it for us.

• 6. Re: Problem using .NET Compact Framework Client

This is Microsofts Problem in CF.

Here the workaround

Use wsdl.exe /order to generate your client proxy class, and then remove all the code not supported by NetCF until your project compiles.

Use Visual Studio to generate your client proxy class, then run wsdl.exe /order in some other directory, and copy just those lines of source code from the resulting class into your project source file that give the explicit ordering.

Dikeni