8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2006 4:21 PM by sidewinder

JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application

gienasek

Hello.

In JbossIDE 1.6 I'm usig option "Deployment/Deploy to" to deploy EJB bean to server.
      In ths way I can online improve bean code and all changes immediately take effects without
      repackaging and redeploying.

Is the same possibilitu in JbossIDE 2.0 ?. I see only "Run on the server" option which not
      guarantee me that changes are online apply.

thanks in advance
      gienasek

• 1. Re: JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application
          dgbaker

You have a good question. I would also like to use the 1.5 deploy
          feature with the latest JBOSSIDE. I like to run the AS in
          a seperate terminal (Linux) and deploy/undeploy from eclipse.

• 2. Re: JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application
            sidewinder

This would be a nice feature - I want to do that too.

I have to set some system properties so I changed the run.bat of JBoss (it is also possible to start run.bat with parameters). But I don't know how JBossIDE starts the AS. So I don't know where to put the java system properties. currently i am developing with Eclipse IDE but deploying myself. Is there a fix?

best regards,
            Dominik

ps: sorry for bad english ~~

• 3. Re: JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application
              mwr0707

To view and edit the AS launch configuration in 2.0beta2:

With a server configured and visible in the JBoss Server view, double click the server entry, or right-click and choose open.

A 'Server Overview' panel will open in the editor view.

Click the 'Open launch configuration' link within this panel.

• 4. Re: JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application
                sidewinder

I found the link "Open launch configuration" but a click on it doesn't do anything. What should happen? New window? New view?

best regards,
                dominik

• 5. Re: JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application
                  mwr0707

Here are the steps I used to add the server to the JBoss Server view:

1. From the JBossIDE toolbar dropdown (Decorated ?J?), choose New->New Server.
                  2. In the ?New Server? dialog, on the ?Define a New Server? panel, under the JBoss Inc node (Not JBoss), choose ?JBoss AS 4.0? and click Next>.
                  3. On the ?Create a new JBoss Server Runtime? panel, enter a Name for the Runtime ?JBoss 4.0?.
                  4. For the runtime ?Home Directory?, click the ?Browse?? button and navigate to the root directory of your JBoss4.0.5 installation; for example, jboss-4.0.5.GA. Click ?OK?.
                  5. choose your installed Java 5 JRE from the JRE: dropdown list.
                  6. Select the ?default? ?Configuration?. Click ?Next>?.
                  7. On the ?Create a New JBoss Server? panel, enter a name for the new server instance: ?JBoss4ins1. Accept the remaining defaults and click Finish.
                  8. A new server instance named ?JBoss4ins1? should now be visible in the JBoss Server view with a Stopped status.

• 6. Re: JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application
                    sidewinder

I already have a server there. I want to add some system properties to the configuration. But the "OPen launch configuration"-link doesn't work and doesn't open anything.

best regards,
                    sidewinder

• 7. Re: JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application
                      mwr0707

I understand. I thought there might have been some problem when you first added it, so I thought you might try deleting it and adding it again.

My configuration is JBossIDE2.0beta2 bundle and JBoss4.05. I am using a Java 5 JDK. Assuming you followed the same steps, I wonder what could be different in your setup?

• 8. Re: JbossIDE 2.0 deploy application
                        sidewinder

back to work from holidays :-)

the only difference is JBoss 4.0.4 instead of 4.0.5. but it should work with 4.0.4 also. so... :-(

best regards,
                        sidewinder