1 2 3 4 Previous Next 47 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2003 7:00 PM by kierone Go to original post
      • 30. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
        walterc

hi bernd,
        how did you get the startup line? for the life of me i could not find a way to get it.

• 31. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
          bernd.koecke

Hans said it in his first posting on page 2 of this thread. I didn't knew it before too :).

Bernd

• 32. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
            antonjenkins

Thanks for the tutorial!! Im a total noob so this has saved me a lot of time running around in circles. :)

Can I make a small comment tho....

Being a total noob I found the wording of the step where you use ant to make the build a little misleading. As a first time user it sounded like I should only run ant if I accidentally deleted the .class files. Hence I got stuck for a little while and being a noob I didn't want to run anything I didn't totally understand unless I was sure I had to.

A minor point but you never know..... there might be someone else out there as daft as me!!!

Also - would it be a desirable for me to modify the build.xml file so that ant actually deploys the expanded ear, rather than do it manually? Im totally new to ant, Eclipse, J2EE and JBoss so im just trying to grope around for best practices really!

Thanks again!

• 33. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
              hansd

To stop misusing this thread I've opened a bug at sf (690177).

I've installed linux now and will hopefully resolve the problem soon.

• 34. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                bernd.koecke

Great, send me a mail, when I can help.

Bernd

• 35. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                  schulty

No it is not bound to JBoss 3.2. I am using:

RH 8.0
                  Sun JDK 1.3.1
                  JBoss 2.4.4
                  Eclipse M5
                  JBoss-IDE 1.01

I get the same errors...

Could not connect to VM
                  Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

• 36. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                    hansd

The bug (690177) is fixed. You can get the fix from CVS or wait until the next service release.

• 37. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                      upstreamnet

Thanks for your feedback. I'll try to clarify the wording.
                      chris

• 38. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                        jtvrab

followed the tutorial; everything went as planned, but the breakpoint i set in the servlet didn't get tripped. any ideas/suggestions/direction as to hwat i forgot.

many thanks for your effort putting the tutorial together; thanks in advance for any help you can give.

• 39. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                          upstreamnet

about your breakpoint not getting tripped.... kinda hard to tell what might be the matter. Here's some general advice.. modify your code slightly (to change the text to something a bit different) and verify that after you deploy that you can see the results of that modification... If you can't, then that's a problem.

also, try re-starting the server. sorry i can't think of anything else that might help.
                          - chris

• 40. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                            williamhlong

I was able to successfully run the interestweb module by manually copying the interestservlet.class file to the JBoss deploy directory. For whatever reason, the Run Ant program within eclipse wasn't copying the file to the ear file. Everything else was in there.

When I try to run the interestclient module I get the following errors. I'm running the tutorial on Windows XP with j2sdk1.4.1_02, JBoss3.2.0 and Eclipse2.1. What do I need to do?

It prints 'Got context' then errors with:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Lorg/jboss/tm/TransactionPropagationContextFactory;
                            at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method)
                            at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredFields(Class.java:1494)
                            at java.lang.Class.getField0(Class.java:1727)
                            at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredField(Class.java:1189)
                            at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.getDeclaredSUID(ObjectStreamClass.java:1430)
                            at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.access$400(ObjectStreamClass.java:45)
                            at java.io.ObjectStreamClass$3.run(ObjectStreamClass.java:331)
                            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
                            at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.(ObjectStreamClass.java:329)
                            at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.lookup(ObjectStreamClass.java:249)
                            at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:449)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1521)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1435)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1626)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1274)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:324)
                            at java.util.HashMap.readObject(HashMap.java:986)
                            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
                            at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.invokeReadObject(ObjectStreamClass.java:824)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1746)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1646)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1845)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1769)
                            at org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainer.readExternal(ClientContainer.java:109)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readExternalData(ObjectInputStream.java:1686)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1644)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.defaultReadFields(ObjectInputStream.java:1845)
                            at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readSerialData(ObjectInputStream.java:1769)
                            at java.rmi.MarshalledObject.get(MarshalledObject.java:135)
                            at org.jnp.interfaces.MarshalledValuePair.get(MarshalledValuePair.java:30)
                            at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:514)
                            at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:471)
                            at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
                            at org.jboss.docs.interest.InterestClient.main(InterestClient.java:25)
                            Exception in thread "main"

• 41. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                              jurna

Is this bug really fixed? I'm using:
                              Eclipse 2.1
                              JBOSS 3.2
                              JBOSS-IDE 1.0.3
                              Windows XP
                              And I'm getting the same error as explained abeve.

• 42. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                                jurna

Is this bug really fixed? I'm using:
                                Eclipse 2.1
                                JBOSS 3.2
                                JBOSS-IDE 1.0.3
                                Windows XP

And I'm getting the same error as explained above

• 43. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                                  trajano

I am using JBoss 3.0.7 and it no longer has client/jaas.jar

Removing it from interestclient's Java Build Path gets it working.

• 44. Re: Here's a tutorial I wrote for Jboss-IDE
                                    cleptor

Hi, Chris.

Everything fine till deployment.

Windows XP
                                    JDK 1.4.1
                                    JBoss 3.2.1
                                    JBossIDE 1.0.3
                                    Eclipse 2.1

On JBoss console I see 3 time exception

237 ERROR [MainDeployer] could not create deployment: file:/D:/Java/JBoss/server/default/deploy/interest.ear/interest.jar/
                                    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: ejb-jar.xml must define a valid DOCTYPE!
                                    at org.jboss.metadata.ApplicationMetaData.importEjbJarXml(ApplicationMetaData.java:206)
                                    at org.jboss.metadata.XmlFileLoader.load(XmlFileLoader.java:141)
                                    at org.jboss.ejb.EJBDeployer.create(EJBDeployer.java:433)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:784)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.create(MainDeployer.java:776)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:639)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:613)
                                    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor26.invoke(Unknown Source)
                                    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                                    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.capability.ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedMBeanDispatcher.java:284)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:549)
                                    at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:177)
                                    at $Proxy7.deploy(Unknown Source)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:302)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:476)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:200)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:211)
                                    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:190)
                                    =========================

Valentine