3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2007 2:39 PM by Markus Kolp RSS

IIOP.NET over SSL on JBoss

fran fran Newbie

Can I use IIOP.NET over SSL on JBoss??

I´ve configurated Jboss to accept SSL and IIOP, I have an application EJB running on Jboss, and I am trying to do a client which it can communicate with EJB with SSL but at the moment I amnot been able.

have anyone done something like this and works??

Best regards and thanks.

• 1. Re: IIOP.NET over SSL on JBoss
    Francisco Reverbel Novice

JBoss supports IIOP over SSL. RMI (or CORBA) clients can use IIOP over SSL to communicate with EJBs deployed in JBoss.

So far I didn't have a chance to look at IIOP.NET, so I cannot tell whether it supports IIOP over SSL or not. Anyway, I am pleased to know that it is being used to call EJBs from .NET clients. (Yours is the second posting on the usage of IIOP.NET with JBoss.)

Regards,

Francisco

• 2. Re: IIOP.NET over SSL on JBoss
    jlsredondo Newbie

Hi Francisco,
    Finally, we were able to connect an IIOP.net client to EJBs components over SSL connections. The process is a bit cumbersome, but it works.
    When it comes to performance, it?s obvious that we have to pay a price when using SSL. Our tests range from a penalty of 20% to 80%, depending on the amount of information interchanged. In order to mitigate this penalty we are evaluating SSL accelerator cards, that offload 100% of the SSL processing (on the server side, obviously).

Thanks a lot for your support

• 3. Re: IIOP.NET over SSL on JBoss
    Markus Kolp Newbie

Hello,
    I need to use IIOP.NET for work to connect a .NET Client to an Stateless EJB on a JBoss 4.0.5 AppServer. The IIOP.NET Example on the official homepage didn't really work.

Could you post a complete example or send one to me via email (markus.kolp@freenet.de)?

Especially how to generate the IDL from the EJB's, configuring JBoss for IIOP-access to the EJB's, generating the CSL-Client Stubs from the IDL's and a C#/VB.NET-Client-Code.

Thanks.