4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 11:21 AM by fbenvadi

Possible to configure DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource?

bkbonner

How do I configure the DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource in JBoss? I've seen references to the /docs/examples/jca/db2-ds.xml.

Brian

• 1. Re: Possible to configure DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource?
          davidjencks

Our jdbc-jca wrappers only work with Driver classes. Is there some advantage to getting connections from a ConnectionPoolDataSource? I haven't been able to figure it out.

The db2 example config is for a Driver class. I'm sure db2 must supply and XADatasource, but I don't think anyone has set up a config for it. You could be the first!

• 2. Re: Possible to configure DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource?
            bkbonner

From the Jboss 3.0 docs on page 93 and 103/106. I suppose it's the jboss-web.xml that I need to bundle with web.xml in the WEB-INF directory of the war? Can someone confirm this?

• 3. Re: Possible to configure DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource?
              bkbonner

Thanks David. My last reply was for another post I made. I wasn't able to edit that last post to remove it.

• 4. Re: Possible to configure DB2ConnectionPoolDataSource?
                fbenvadi

Hi All,

I would like to re-open this thread because I'm facing an extremely valid reason to use ConnectionPool directly specially for DB 10.1 on.

The database from Version 10.1 is able to filter either records or columns based on Connection User (actually Trused Connections)

This feature is based on User Id of the connection which, having the Pool, allows to change the user for the connection and actually to pool them not to reconnect on any requests.

Everytime I ask for connection pool via JNDI I should receive not the WarppedDataSource but the ConnectionPool to be able to ask for "TrustedConnections"

This is my problem.

Any type of possible solution will be extremely well accepted because we are facing this problem with a very key customer.

Thanks since now to anyone the would help

Franco