1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2008 5:22 AM by bernd.koecke Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Starting SOA Governance in small steps
        bernd.koecke

Hi Gary,

thanks for the option settings, now I can build the docs, too. It seems that I had a typo in my environment settings and my laptop was busy with something else and this caused the longer build run.

Regards,
        Bernd

• 16. Re: Starting SOA Governance in small steps
          objectiser

Hi Bernd

Thats good.

One other thing - if you plan to try the release prior to a binary being made available, there is one instruction that is not included in the getting started guide, because it should not be a problem in a couple of weeks.

When you obtain the pi4soa release, if you are using the latest pre-packaged version, then when you start it up, you will need to go to the Help->Software Updates... menu item and update the pi4soa plugins.

Regards
          Gary

• 17. Re: Starting SOA Governance in small steps
            bernd.koecke

Hi Gary,

thanks for the information. The last time I tried to install the pi4soa-plugin I encountered some plugin dependency issues in my workspace. They must be there for a long time, but now I got problems. During my attempts to fix them, I destroyed the whole IDE installation, but now I have a new clean one. Sometimes it is necessary to tidy up some things ;). I will try to install the plugin next.

Regards
            Bernd

• 18. Re: Starting SOA Governance in small steps
              jeff.yuchang

"bernd.koecke" wrote:

There is a dependency on org.jboss.jbossesb.rosetta:4.3. This wasn't found in the repositories. But I installed a renamed jbossesb-rosetta.jar from my JBossESB 4.4.GA in my local repository, added a simple pom.xml and changed the dependencies.

Next, I can't find org.jboss.jbossesb.config-model, so I commented it out and the build seems to run without it.

Yes, right now we don't have the rosetta and config-model in the JBoss public repository yet. So we need to install it manually into local repository. Sorry about this inconvenience.

"bernd.koecke" wrote:

Now I will look into the code and try to install it on my ESB cluster. I see that cdl uses a Hypersonic DB. Are there interests in using another DB, e.g. MySQL, as an alternative?

It is just for HSQL DB at the moment, but it should be easy for supporting MySQL, as we are using hibernate to do the persistence thing. It can take care of others DB well. I used to test it against MySQL some times before. But I didn't put the Mysql-specific script in the repository yet.

The JBoss AS use the in process Hsql by default, so we are trying to reuse that database by default, won't let users start a new one just for CDL. I thought that would be easy and lightweight than MySQL.. But again, you made a good point, I might add other database scripts in the package as well, like jBPM etc.

;-)

Thanks
              Jeff

• 19. Re: Starting SOA Governance in small steps
                jeff.yuchang

By the way, maybe we can start a new thread if we are continuing to talk about the CDL, cause it might be easier for others' search. ;-)

Thanks
                Jeff

• 20. Re: Starting SOA Governance in small steps
                  bernd.koecke

Hello Jeff,

"jeff.yuchang" wrote:
                  "bernd.koecke" wrote:

There is a dependency on org.jboss.jbossesb.rosetta:4.3. This wasn't found in the repositories. But I installed a renamed jbossesb-rosetta.jar from my JBossESB 4.4.GA in my local repository, added a simple pom.xml and changed the dependencies.

Next, I can't find org.jboss.jbossesb.config-model, so I commented it out and the build seems to run without it.

Yes, right now we don't have the rosetta and config-model in the JBoss public repository yet. So we need to install it manually into local repository. Sorry about this inconvenience.

Thats really ok, I'm very happy to have access to the project in an early stage and that we can talk about it :).

"jeff.yuchang" wrote:
                  "bernd.koecke" wrote:

Now I will look into the code and try to install it on my ESB cluster. I see that cdl uses a Hypersonic DB. Are there interests in using another DB, e.g. MySQL, as an alternative?

It is just for HSQL DB at the moment, but it should be easy for supporting MySQL, as we are using hibernate to do the persistence thing. It can take care of others DB well. I used to test it against MySQL some times before. But I didn't put the Mysql-specific script in the repository yet.

The JBoss AS use the in process Hsql by default, so we are trying to reuse that database by default, won't let users start a new one just for CDL. I thought that would be easy and lightweight than MySQL.. But again, you made a good point, I might add other database scripts in the package as well, like jBPM etc.

;-)

Thanks
                  Jeff

As you said in the next posting, I opened a new thread about using other DBs :).

Regards,
                  Bernd

1 2 Previous Next