4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2007 11:53 AM by morrisoni

JBOSS 4.0.5 with Axis 2

ichunlin

Does anyone know if I can deploy the Axis2 stack to jboss 4.0.x server?
      and how? Thanks!

• 1. Re: JBOSS 4.0.5 with Axis 2
          biroj

Hi, it is very easy since AXIS2.war can be deployed in the embedded Tomcat of JBoss as it would be a standalone Tomcat.

Of course I hope you do not expect from this AXIS2 to work as e.g. JAX-WS or JAX-RPC implementation for EJBs... it won't work, but work as just a simple AXIS2 in a Tomcat and nothing more

• 2. Re: JBOSS 4.0.5 with Axis 2
            akubaem

hi... i'm also wondering on how this can be done...

• 3. Re: JBOSS 4.0.5 with Axis 2
              idrag

I´ve put the axis2.war File in the deploy folder of jboss 4.0.5. When i restart the server i get the error: Invalid Handler phase rule has not been specified. What do i have to know for deploying axis2 in jboss? I´ve used tomcat server before without problems.

Now i want to test jboss as servlet container and it fails with that error :-(

Can somebody help me, i have never worked with jboss before.

• 4. Re: JBOSS 4.0.5 with Axis 2
                morrisoni

I'm running with 4.0.4 and have just deployed AXIS2 1.3. I followed the axis instructions on the apache site and put the axis2.war file in the deploy / webapps folder and it deployed with no problems. I've not seen that error - sorry - but at least you know it can be done.

I do have a question about deploying web services. I can successfully deploy .aar services using the administration tool and through packaging them up in the axis2.war, however from my reading of the documentation it seems to suggest you can drop the .aar file in to the webapps/axis2/WEB-INF/services folder and it will automatically deploy. Am I reading this correct as if I do it I get a "waiting for a deployer message" which suggests to me that JBoss doesn't recognise the .aar file. I feel I'm missing something.

Thanks

Iain