1 2 Previous Next 19 Replies Latest reply on Feb 25, 2004 3:38 AM by scharlau

JBoss.NET Examples

Hi all,

I've just finished a few examples using JBoss.NET that I'd like to share.

A simple example is at http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/jboss-net-helloWorld.html which shows you how to deploy a wsr file.

An EJB and JSP example is at http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/jboss-net-helloWorld-EJB.html which bundles everything into an ear file for deployment and also has a console client that you can use.

Both examples also show you how to use the tcpmon tool that comes with Axis.

A word of warning: I discovered that at the moment it seems that these examples only work if you have the axis-beta1 jar files for axis and jaxrpc due to the calls made to JBoss.NET.

Please let me know of any problems with these so that I can sort them out.

cheers

Bruce

• 1. 3729930
          larry

If the jboss and catalina are in different VM ?
          I have evern tested apache-axis in tomcat and i even can not pass all the samples built in axis :(

regards!

• 2. 3763764
            lee_x_francis

Mark,
            Can you please tell me how you use the @jboss-net:web-service urn="Hello" expose-all="true" tag? I mean, do you have to write something like in your ejbdoclet target?

Also, is it in the current CVS? I can't find the current jboss.net module)

Thanks,

Derek

• 3. Re: JBoss.NET Examples
              ipozeng

thank you very much ! i will test it later

Regards!

• 4. Re: JBoss.NET Examples
                sgturner

Bruce,

These examples and others that you have put up are a great service to the JBoss community. Thank you very much. I was wondering if you could put up an index page that lists all the various pages that you have done? That would be a big help for keeping track of all your JBoss help. Thanks again.

• 5. Re: JBoss.NET Examples
                  ludovic

Just one question for a beginner !

Could you tell me what must I put in my wsr file ?
                  Entities with META-INF as the jar file

• 6. Re: JBoss.NET Examples

Thanks for reminding me! I remembered over the weekend that I meant to put the contents of the wsr, war, jar, and ear files on the page. I'll do that just now.

I've also pulled together the JBoss related pages I've done, ie two JBoss.NET examples, JBoss and Mysql, and the JBoss install guides, with and without JBoss.NET integration. You'll find the links off of: http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/JBossTomcatInstall.html

cheers
                    Bruce

• 7. Re: JBoss.NET Examples

Thanks for reminding me! I remembered that I'd left this out over the weekend. I've now included it in the EJB-JSP example page, along with the details of what goes in the other archive files, ie ear, war, jar and wsr. The page is at http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/jboss-net-helloWorld-EJB.html

I've also consolidated my JBoss web pages so that there is a link page to tie them together. You'll find it at http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~bscharla/JBossTomcatInstall.html

cheers,

Bruce

• 8. Re: JBoss.NET Examples
                        mlui

Is the XDoclet tag that you use in your EJB example

* @jboss-net:web-service urn="Hello"
                        * expose-all="true"

part of the 1.1.2 version or CVS version of XDoclet, or did you create yourself? I could not find it in any of the XDoclet documentation.

Thanks,

Mark

• 9. Re: JBoss.NET Examples
                          mlui

I found the version of XDoclet that supports the jboss-net tag. It is in the JBoss CVS tree under thirdparty/xdoclet/jboss.net.

Mark

• 10. Re: JBoss.NET Examples

Lee,

three things.

One, if you built JBoss.NET from the cvs, then it uses the axis-beta1 jar, which doesn't support building the wsdl file on the fly. This will hopefully be in the newer version of JBoss.NET which will come out later in the summer.

Two, your axis service is running fine. the message is correct, ie axis service is running.

Three, the testClient1 example works IF you either (a) start up the tcpmon and point it to watch port 8070, or (b) change the target port of the client from 8070 to 8080. At the moment it is set up to work with tcpmon (which is built into the axis jar), so won't work unless you do one of the two items a, or b above.

As to your class not found problem, I assume the first thing might explain it, if not post your full exception, and see what we can do.

cheers

Bruce

• 11. Re: JBoss.NET Examples:

You need to start the full stack of JBoss. Use 'run.bat -c all' to use everything under the 'server/all' section of JBoss. Also, if you're using any of the tomcat versions, then these DO NOT work out of the box. Go to my prebuilt version of jboss-tomcat if you need tomcat.

You'll find it at http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~scharlau/soap.html

cheers

Bruce

• 12. Re: JBoss.NET Examples
                                lee_x_francis

Bruce,

It worked!! Thanks for the pointers.
                                Your example is a huge help.

Lee.

• 13. Re: JBoss.NET Examples

Mark,
                                  Can you please tell me how you use the @jboss-net:web-service urn="Hello" expose-all="true" tag? I mean, do you have to write something like in your ejbdoclet target?

Also, is it in the current CVS? I can't find the current jboss.net module)

Thanks,

Derek

• 14. Re: JBoss.NET Examples
                                    sicko

Yess, i got problems with this too. I got this:

CVSROOT: anonymous@cvs.jboss.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/jboss

and then checkout: thirdparty/xdoclet

i get all kinds of jars in xdoclet/lib directory. I presume i copy these new jars into the existing xdoclet/lib directory. When i run the build file again, a webservices.xml should be generated, right? without making any modifications in the build.xml file...

i still get no webservices.xml file. Can someone tell me more about it please?

thnx,
                                    Sicko

1 2 Previous Next