1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2003 10:38 AM by slaboure

InvalidClassException ???

mikaelmhz

Hi!
      I have my first try on clustering ejb's. An got som problems i cant figure out to resolve.

I have two instances running on my machine (NT 4.0).
      The seems to be configured succesfully the two cluster members can see the other when starting and dropping them.

My trouble comes when i try to loockup a bean in the cluster. I catch InvalidClass exception.
      [junit] Failed to setup testcase: javax.naming.CommunicationException [Roo
      exception is java.io.InvalidClassException: org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfac
      .JRMPInvokerProxy; Local class not compatible: stream classdesc serialVersionU
      =-3713605626489646730 local class serialVersionUID=4948756606502181321]
      [junit] junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Failed to setup testcase: ja
      x.naming.CommunicationException [Root exception is java.io.InvalidClassExcepti
      : org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.interfaces.JRMPInvokerProxy; Local class not compa
      ble: stream classdesc serialVersionUID=-3713605626489646730 local class serial
      rsionUID=4948756606502181321]
      [junit] at se.smhi.stp.framework.cluster.test.ClusterTest.setUp(Cluste
      est.java:79)

There is no difference in the ear file containing the bean.

• 1. Re: InvalidClassException ???
          slaboure

Make sure:
          - you are using a recent version of jboss and not an oldies
          - use, for your client, the JARs in the JBOSS_HOME/client folder that correspond to the server that is running i.e. don't mix client/server JARs that are not from the same version!

Cheers,

sacha