3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2009 9:15 AM by blima17

Classpath issues with shared libraries

I'm trying to deploy and application that we've previously been running on OC4J on JBoss 5.0.0 GA, and I'm receiving some errors on deployment that appear to be classpath related...

14:46:09,649 ERROR [ProfileServiceBootstrap] Failed to load profile:
      org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Unable to find class path entry ClassPathEntryImpl{path=myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/
      asc.jar} from mxmlc.jar
       at org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException.rethrowAsDeploymentException(DeploymentException.java:49)
       at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.VFSStructureBuilder.applyContextInfo(VFSStructureBuilder.java:184)
       at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructureBuilder.populateContext(AbstractStructureBuilder.java:82)
       at org.jboss.deployers.structure.spi.helpers.AbstractStructuralDeployers.determineStructure(AbstractStructuralDeployers.ja
      va:89)
       at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineStructure(MainDeployerImpl.java:1000)
       at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.determineDeploymentContext(MainDeployerImpl.java:440)
       at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.addDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:390)
       at org.jboss.deployers.plugins.main.MainDeployerImpl.addDeployment(MainDeployerImpl.java:300)
       at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.loadProfile(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:303)
       at org.jboss.system.server.profileservice.ProfileServiceBootstrap.start(ProfileServiceBootstrap.java:205)
       at org.jboss.bootstrap.AbstractServerImpl.start(AbstractServerImpl.java:405)
       at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:209)
       at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:547)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
      Caused by: java.io.IOException: Child not found myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/asc.jar for DelegatingHandler@1148921[path=myapp
      /WEB-INF/flex/jars/mxmlc.jar context=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/ real=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/de
      ploy/myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/mxmlc.jar], available children: [ZipEntryHandler@16127885[path=myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/mxml
      c.jar/META-INF context=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/ real=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/banstuden
      t/WEB-INF/flex/jars/mxmlc.jar/META-INF], ZipEntryHandler@8671341[path=myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/mxmlc.jar/flash context=file:/C
      :/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/ real=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/mxmlc.jar/
      flash], ZipEntryHandler@12342946[path=myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/mxmlc.jar/flex2 context=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/
      deploy/ real=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/mxmlc.jar/flex2]]
       at org.jboss.virtual.VirtualFile.findChild(VirtualFile.java:461)
       at org.jboss.deployers.vfs.plugins.structure.VFSStructureBuilder.applyContextInfo(VFSStructureBuilder.java:180)
       ... 12 more
      14:46:09,681 INFO [ServerImpl] JBoss (Microcontainer) [5.0.1.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_5_0_1_GA date=200902232048)] Started in 18s:
      47ms

The file asc.jar is in the same directory as mxmlc.jar, so I'm not sure why it can't be found. Am I missing a configuration somewhere to set the classpath?

• 1. Re: Classpath issues with shared libraries
          jaikiran

myapp/WEB-INF/flex/jars/asc.jar

Where is this path being picked up from? Are you specifying any classpath entries in any MANIFEST.MF files? If yes, then please post the contents of that file and also let us know which jar (and where is it placed) contains that manifest file.

• 2. Re: Classpath issues with shared libraries
            jaikiran

I just noticed this

real=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/myapp/WEB-INF

You should actually be renaming myapp to myapp.war.

• 3. Re: Classpath issues with shared libraries

I do not have the classpath specified in the MANIFEST.MF file. The jars it's looking for are in the same path that the mxmlc.jar file are in though, so if it sees that, I'd think it should see the others. As far as the second comment,

I just noticed this
              Quote:
              real=file:/C:/jboss-5.0.1.GA/server/default/deploy/myapp/WEB-INF

You should actually be renaming myapp to myapp.war.

I think this is happening because I unpacked the application and removed the jar files there, because they're still necessary in the project for other servers. I will try and remove them and let JBoss unpack it and see what happens.

Thanks for your help.