we add local resolvers to our DTDs in code but I don't know if there's a configuration option (for instance a system property) that you can set for xerces to add your own -- you probably need to check the xerces documentation for that.
Or if you feel like coding, add a service to JBoss that allows you to add custom resolvers, might work too...
- No need to turn off validation -
1) You want to change the <!DOCTYPE... declaration to point to a location on the local file system.
2) So, choose a file system location and store the dtd file there.
3) Change your struts-config.xml file document type declaration to point to "file://the.local.file.system.location..." instead of the supplied "http://jakarta.apache.org...". See example below.
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 1.1//EN"
4) This solution worked fine for a JBoss 3.0 / Tomcat 4.1 / Struts 1.1 configuration running on NT4.
Is there a way to set it so that the dtd can just be deployed alongside the xml file (even inside the WEB-INF folder) and have the validation go from there?
That way I could simply have the dtd reside alonside the xml file so that validaiton passes, and I don't have to worry about linking externally apache for example.
I ahve tried to this locally, but all my attempts end up going nowhere as it keeps expecting to find the file in the bin directory of the JBoss instance.