1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Jul 14, 2009 6:10 AM by pilhuhn

Webapps not detected in resources

jprio

Hi all,
      We have installed Jopr 2.1 and we have an agent on a JBoss 4.2.2. We can see most of the webapps (eg : jmx-console, ROOT,...), but (apparently), those with the tag in the web.xml are not present in the resources.
      Can anybody help us ?

• 1. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
          pilhuhn

Hello,
          which tag do you mean? It looks like the forum software swallowed it.

Where do you deploy the web app to (which directory)?

Heiko

• 2. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
            jprio

Hello pilhuhn,
            The swallowed tag is "distributable".

• 3. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
              jprio

... and all our webapps are deployed in the "deploy" directory. All our webapps match the "jboss.management.local:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEServer=Local,j2eeType=WebModule,name=..." pattern in the jmx-console (even those with the distributable tag), but we can see only 12 out of our 14 webapps.

• 4. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                jprio

PLEASE HELP !!!!

Another information : the DeploymentUtility.getVhosts returns the list of the mbeans corresponding to the pattern : "jboss.web:host=%host%,path=" + WarDiscoveryHelper.getContextPath(contextRoot)
                + ",type=Manager".

There is no clustered webapp corresponding to this pattern.

Eg : in the jboss.web domain, we have
                host=localhost,name=SecurityAssociationValve,path=/bsweb-siren,type=Valve
                host=localhost,name=SecurityAssociationValve,path=/distri-web-1.0,type=Valve
                host=localhost,name=SecurityAssociationValve,path=/doclistener,type=Valve
                host=localhost,path=/distri-web-1.0,type=Manager
                host=localhost,path=/doclistener,type=Manager

bsweb-siren is distributable and there is no "host=localhost,path=/bsweb-siren,type=Manager". So, getVHosts returns an empty list.

Any idea ?
                Tx.

• 5. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                  h_ti

seems to match exactly my problem described in

http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=147032

the missing web applicatiosn also have distributable tag

• 6. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                    ips

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue and for the helpful details on what MBeans are deployed (and not deployed). I've created a JIRA for it: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JOPR-90

• 7. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                      pilhuhn

I have the impression that this may be fixed in HEAD already (you can use Jopr 2.2 beta 1 to test this).

I will attach a test-war to JOPR-90 -- can you please try this on your Jopr 2.1 instances?

• 8. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                        j_ri

We have this problem with JOPR 2.2 Beta1 (downloaded at the beginnig of march using the download link....not the HEAD version) monitoring a JBoss EAP 4.3.
                        But we have the WAR-file embedded in an EAR.

• 9. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                          pilhuhn

Ah, war within ear seems to be the interesting hint. Thanks.

• 10. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                            h_ti

Hi,

Heiko wrote in JOPR-90 that it is probably a problem of JBossAs.
                            Is it intended to provide a solution within Jopr or do we have to wait for a patch of JBossAs?

Heiner

• 11. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                              yanfengzhang816

I have the same problem (EAP 4.3 CP02, distributable WAR archive)

• 12. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                                pilhuhn

I need your help

I've just commited rev 631 to the AS plugin to do some more processing here.

Can you check that out, build and deploy it and then tell me if it helps.
                                If this does not help, then please report

- what jboss as version, configuration, jvm, deployment directory
                                - go to jmx-console, search for the MainDeployer Mbean and invoke the listDeployedModules() method. Tell me if your war can be found in there or not.
                                If the war is found in this output, but not by Jopr, please attach this part of the output to this thread or JOPR-90
                                If the war is not in the output, report this, perhaps with web.xml and jboss-web.xml and the war name

Also have a look at the agent.log and send me lines related to WarDiscoveryHelper or other *war* classes.

Thanks
                                Heiko

• 13. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                                  pilhuhn

Rev 664 adds code to check for this missing manager (as jprio indicated) - now that I finally was able to reliably reproduce the issue.
                                  For me this was on 4.0.3.sp1, all configuration - the default configuration did not expose the issue.

Can you please test ?

• 14. Re: Webapps not detected in resources
                                    h_ti

Sorry, but at the moment I have no time to test this issue. I will be back in the middle of july.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Heiner

1 2 Previous Next