11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2004 5:00 PM by adrian.brock

Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory not b

jinu

Hi,

I am trying my first MDB, just wrote a simple MDB that displays the message and a servlet client that initiates it.

There were many exceptions while starting the Server, i cleared almost all but a few left.
      First its giving the following>>
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      17:26:55,796 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] MBeanException: Exception in MBean operation 'checkIncompleteDeployments()'
      Cause: Incomplete Deployment listing:
      Packages waiting for a deployer:

Incompletely deployed packages:

MBeans waiting for classes:

MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
      [ObjectName: jboss.mq:service=InvocationLayer,type=HTTP
      state: CONFIGURED
      I Depend On: jboss.mq:service=Invoker
      jboss.web:service=WebServer

Depends On Me: , ObjectName: jboss.mq.destination:service=Topic,name=testTopic
      state: CONFIGURED
      I Depend On: jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager
      jboss.mq:service=SecurityManager
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then while deploying the .ear file its giving the following exception
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      17:40:53,046 ERROR [DLQHandler] Initialization failed
      javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory not bound
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:169)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.create(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:158)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerCreate(JMSContainerInvoker.java:458)
      at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.startService(JMSContainerInvoker.java:674)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:192)
      at org.jboss.ejb.MessageDrivenContainer.startService(MessageDrivenContainer.java:234)
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using MySQL and Eclipse, if somebody can help me out, i will be much grateful, thanks in advance,

Jinu

• 1. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n

User Error: Question ignored because you didn't use search.

• 2. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n
            udaydattani

I was having the same problem. I had deleted the hsqldb-ds.xml file from my
            deploy folder. I just learnt that this file which configures access to the hypersonic database is used by jboss to keep jms related data.

Just add the hsqldb-ds.xml file to your deploy folder and try reinstalling your application. This sholud work

• 3. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n
              bblackmoor

I have a similar problem, using Apache2, JBoss+Tomcat 3.2.3, PoistgreSQL 7.4.2, and Liferay 2.1.0. I have searched high and low, and have not yet found a solution. However, here are the things I have tried. Maybe one will work for you.

## Check hsqldb-ds.xml:
              Apparently JBoss needs to use a database to store EJB persistence data, and out of the box it uses Hypersonic for this. So if you want to use Hypersonic, hsqldb-ds.xml needs to be in your deploy directory. This seems to be the "standard" answer when someone has this problem (but rather than answer, someone will usually make a snotty suggestion that you go do a search).

Result: I had (and still have) hsqldb-ds.xml in my deploy directory, but I still get this error.

## Change the JDBC settings:
              I am using Postgres for all database-related tasks on my JBoss server. If the error is related somehow to Hypersonic, even though the error message does not actually mention Hypersonic, then perhaps changing JBoss to use PostgreSQL would fix the exception. So I changed these files:

jboss/server/dev/conf/standardjaws.xml
              - changed type-mapping to PostgreSQL
              jboss/server/dev/conf/standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml
              - changed datasource-mapping to PostgreSQL

Result: Liferay still appears to run correctly (so at least I didn't break anything), but I still have the same exception.

## Set RecursiveSearch to True:
              Again, one of the "standard" answers. In conf/jboss-server.xml change the 'attribute name="RecursiveSearch"' scanner to "True", like so (angle brackets changed to parentheses so the forum will display it):

(attribute name="RecursiveSearch")True(/attribute)

Result: It was already True. No change.

## Enable TRACE logging:
              I then tried enabling TRACE debugging for JMS by adding this to log4j.xml (angle brackets replaced with parentheses so this forum won't eat them):

(category name="org.jboss.jms")
              (priority value="TRACE" class="org.jboss.logging.XLevel" /)
              (/category)

Result: This gave me a couple of additional lines in the log, but other than that I do not see any improvement. Below are the log entries, including the new "JBossMQProvider" entries. THis was the last thing I tried. I am currently stumped. Any information anyone can provide (real information, not just a snotty "go do a search" comment), would be greatly appreciated.

2004-06-03 15:33:12,135 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker]
              Trying to reconnect to JMS provider
              2004-06-03 15:33:19,892 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider] no provider
              url; connecting to local JNDI
              2004-06-03 15:33:19,893 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider] created
              context: javax.naming.InitialContext@88cf9e
              2004-06-03 15:33:19,893 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler]
              Initialization failed
              javax.jms.JMSException: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory
              not bound
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:169)
              at
              org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.create(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:158)
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerCreate(JMSContainerInvoker.java:458)
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.startService(JMSContainerInvoker.java:674)
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$ExceptionListenerImpl.onException(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1173)
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$1.run(JMSContainerInvoker.java:686)
              2004-06-03 15:33:19,893 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker]
              Reconnected to JMS provider
              2004-06-03 15:33:19,893 WARN [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker]
              JMS provider failure detected:
              not bound
              at
              at
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerCreate(JMSContainerInvoker.java:458)
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.startService(JMSContainerInvoker.java:674)
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$ExceptionListenerImpl.onException(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1173)
              at
              org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$1.run(JMSContainerInvoker.java:686)
              2004-06-03 15:33:19,894 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker]
              2004-06-03 15:33:22,136 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider] no provider
              url; connecting to local JNDI
              2004-06-03 15:33:22,136 DEBUG [org.jboss.jms.jndi.JBossMQProvider] created
              context: javax.naming.InitialContext@165f5a4
              2004-06-03 15:33:22,137 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler]
              Initialization failed
              not bound
              at

at
              at
              at
              at
              at
              2004-06-03 15:33:22,137 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker]
              Reconnected to JMS provider
              2004-06-03 15:33:22,137 WARN [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker]
              JMS provider failure detected:
              not bound
              at
              at
              at
              at
              at
              at
              2004-06-03 15:33:22,137 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker]

And that's where I am now.

bblackmoor
              2004-06-03

• 4. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n

Snotty, because it is in the bloody FAQ

Another lazy user polluting the search index.

• 5. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n
                  bblackmoor

"adrian@jboss.org" wrote:
                  Snotty, because it is in the bloody FAQ

I read the bloody FAQ. I did what's in the bloody FAQ. I still have the problem.

Do you have anything constructive to add?

• 6. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n
                    bblackmoor

"bblackmoor" wrote:
                    I read the bloody FAQ. I did what's in the bloody FAQ.

(Which you would have seen, by the way, if you had read my bloody post.)

• 7. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n

If you read the bloody FAQ where is your server.log output from when it deploys
                      the persistence manager?
                      Or your INCOMPLETE DEPLOYMENT LISTING error message?

If i had to read all the useless garbage people post on these forums, I would never
                      get any work done. Fortunatly I'm good at scanning posts to see whether they
                      have posted anything relevent.

Also why are posting on somebody else's thread when you are not helping them?

• 8. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n
                        bblackmoor

where is your server.log output from when it deploys the persistence manager? ... Or your INCOMPLETE DEPLOYMENT LISTING error message?

The XAConnectionFactory FAQ item does not say anything about the server.log or an INCOMPLETE DEPLOYMENT LISTING error message. Perhaps I am asking the wrong question? I will take a look at the logs you mention, and if the answer does not pop out at me, I will post them as you request.

Also why are posting on somebody else's thread when you are not helping them?

I posted what I had done when attempting to solve this problem, so that they might try those possible solutions; alternately, perhaps it would prompt them to think of something I have not. Perhaps together we could find a solution. Feel free to help.

• 10. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n
                          bblackmoor

"bblackmoor" wrote:
                          The XAConnectionFactory FAQ item does not say anything about the server.log or an INCOMPLETE DEPLOYMENT LISTING error message. Perhaps I am asking the wrong question?

Ah, a solution at last. Somehow, during the installation of JBoss, the files:

server/dev/data/hypersonic/localDB.properties
                          server/dev/data/hypersonic/localDB.script

were chown'd to root:web rather than jboss:web (I am not sure how that happened). As Adrian hinted in his coy way, the server.log showed that during the persistence manager initialization that permission was being denied to access theses files. The exception I was seeing was the end result of this. Now that the file permissions are correctly set, the exception is eliminated.

What I still do not understand is why JBoss is still using Hypersonic rather than Postgres, but one step at a time...

So check that log file, jinu, and maybe your problem will have a similar solution.

Perhaps the folks responsible for maintaining the FAQ wiki could add a note or a hyperlink from the XAConnectionFactory FAQ item to whatever item it was that Adrian was referring to? It might reduce the number of times he is obligated to insult people who ask for help.

• 11. Re: Error creating the dlq connection: XAConnectionFactory n

Postgres is not written in java.
                            e.g. it only runs on windows if you have cygwin installed.