2 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2009 5:13 AM by asoldano

Mavenization again

asoldano

Hi,
      FYI I've just cleaned up the maven dependencies removing artifacts which we do not need to explicitely depend on as thery're already pulled in by JBossWS.
      Moreover, speaking of JBossWS, now the only dependency specified in the main Wise pom.xml is the jbossws-native-client artifact, as that's enough to automatically get all the jbossws artifacts.

Please note that doing what's written above, we use JAXB 2.1.6 instead of 2.1.9 that was explicitely specified before. I see no regressions and think it's reasonable to use 2.1.6 for the same reason we're not updating to something newer than JBossWS 3.0.5... (note that jaxb is pulled in by jbossws here too, so 2.1.6 is the version that "matches" with jbossws 3.0.5).

Still on mavenization, WISE-147: I've added the dependency management repository lines to deploy snapshot artifacts (directly through dav connection) and non-snapshot artifacts (to a local checkout of the repository). You just need to have the username/password configured in your local settings.xml . Jim, I don't see what kind of access we need from IT for this... let me know if I'm missing something.
      This said, I don't know what we actually want to do for the "old" distribution module...
      See http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/ for a first snapshot deploy achieved simply with "mvn deploy". Btw regarding this, what about changing all our groupId from org.jboss to org.jboss.wise so that we do not pollute org.jboss with many artifacts?
      Moreover, the integration module needs to be fixed to go to a unique jar with both classes and artifacts... Jim, are you going to work on this? Should I create a jira for this?

• 1. Re: Mavenization again
          jim.ma

"alessio.soldano@jboss.com" wrote:
          Hi,
          FYI I've just cleaned up the maven dependencies removing artifacts which we do not need to explicitely depend on as thery're already pulled in by JBossWS.
          Moreover, speaking of JBossWS, now the only dependency specified in the main Wise pom.xml is the jbossws-native-client artifact, as that's enough to automatically get all the jbossws artifacts.

Please note that doing what's written above, we use JAXB 2.1.6 instead of 2.1.9 that was explicitely specified before. I see no regressions and think it's reasonable to use 2.1.6 for the same reason we're not updating to something newer than JBossWS 3.0.5... (note that jaxb is pulled in by jbossws here too, so 2.1.6 is the version that "matches" with jbossws 3.0.5).

Thanks for your cleaning up. It looks terrific.

Still on mavenization, WISE-147: I've added the dependency management repository lines to deploy snapshot artifacts (directly through dav connection) and non-snapshot artifacts (to a local checkout of the repository). You just need to have the username/password configured in your local settings.xml . Jim, I don't see what kind of access we need from IT for this... let me know if I'm missing something.

I have not finished this task . Actually I do not know how to setup this . I was going to ask IT about it . You helped me save much time on it. BTW, I do not know how the other jboss projects publish the snapshot deployment . Do it with hudson automatically or manually ? How shall we configure Wise to publish snapshot artifacts ?

This said, I don't know what we actually want to do for the "old" distribution module...
          See http://snapshots.jboss.org/maven2/org/jboss/ for a first snapshot deploy achieved simply with "mvn deploy". Btw regarding this, what about changing all our groupId from org.jboss to org.jboss.wise so that we do not pollute org.jboss with many artifacts?

+1 .

Moreover, the integration module needs to be fixed to go to a unique jar with both classes and artifacts... Jim, are you going to work on this? Should I create a jira for this?
          Sure, Alessio. Create a Jira for me . Actually I do not know what we need to be fixed , could you please explain it in the Jira description ?

• 2. Re: Mavenization again
            asoldano

I have not finished this task . Actually I do not know how to setup this . I was going to ask IT about it . You helped me save much time on it. BTW, I do not know how the other jboss projects publish the snapshot deployment . Do it with hudson automatically or manually ? How shall we configure Wise to publish snapshot artifacts ?

As far as JBossWS is concerned, we manually deploy snapshots using mvn deploy.

Sure, Alessio. Create a Jira for me . Actually I do not know what we need to be fixed , could you please explain it in the Jira description ?

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/WISE-154