1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2009 11:36 AM by bmsantos

JBoss & METRO Classpath issues on Linux?

bmsantos

Hi all,

Recently I got another unexpected error out of the JBoss/METRO deployment. While running the web services client under Linux I got the following error:

javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to load Provider: Failed to load javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider: org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl
      javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Unable to load Provider: Failed to load javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider: org.jboss.ws.core.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl
      at javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider.provider(Provider.java:90)
      at javax.xml.ws.Service.(Service.java:81)

The web services have been working just fine under windows and in one other Linux machine. I was able to overcome the problem by removing the jboss-jaxws.jar from the JBOSS_HOME/server/name/lib directory.

As we still have a few other Linux boxes to go through and because we've not run enough testing on it after the removal of this jar, my question is... is this a required jar when working under the METRO stack? If so, what's the impact of not having it in the classpath.

We are using JBoss 4.2.3 GA + METRO 3.1.1 stack.

P.S. When first installed we've also noticed that we had to remove the jboss-saaj.jar lib from the classpath since the METRO install did not clean it.

Thanks,
      B.