Version 13

Chinese Version:

开发基于JBoss AS 7.2.0的Java EE程序   or  开发基于JBoss AS 7.2.0的Java EE程序 - Chinese Version

Preface

In 2005, somebody introduced JBoss AS to me. But at that time, I was a newbie to J2EE and JBoss AS, they were too hard to me, I missed JBoss AS.

During 2005~2007, I studied Tomcat and struts.

In 2007, I began to study JBoss AS 4.0.5.

During 2008~2009, I knew how to develop app with composition "JBoss 4.2.3+EJB3+JSF+JBossSeam2.1".

In 2009, I began to use composition "JBoss 5.1.0 + EJB3 + JBoss Seam 2.1". I thought JBoss Seam was too heavy to develop forum app. Actually, JBoss Seam official site(www.seamframework.org/) is based on JBoss Seam, it is very slow! I could NOT endure it, I gave up JBoss Seam completely and turned to JSF2.

In 2010, I began to study Glassfish 3, it was started on my PC in 10 seconds, while JBoss AS 5.1.0 need at least 50 seconds on the same PC. It's amazing! Since then on, I did NOT feel JBoss AS was the best. I began to develop my personal web site with composition "Glassfish3+EJB3+JSF+MySQL" and spend more time on Glassfish than JBoss AS. Glassfish 3 behaved well. I almost gave up JBoss AS. In August, I joined new company and found that Experts from Belgium play with JBoss 5.1.0 just like magic! I picked up JBoss AS again. I waited till JBoss release a Server as fast as Glassfish 3.

In 2011, I spent almost all spare time on  Eclipse RCP. Although I found 7.0.1.Final and 7.0.2.Final was released, there is ONLY  "Web Profile" and I dislike them.

At the beginning of 2012, JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final(AS Certified Java EE 6 Full Profile) was released, it's as fast as Glassfish 3!  Great tool! I spend much spare time on its configuration: DS, SSL, JAAS, JMS...) and newer versions (7.1.1.Final, 7.1.2 Final ...).

At the middle of 2013, I thought it's time to migrate my personal web site from Glassfish to JBoss AS 7. It's NOT a easy job, especially the DB migration from Windows to Linux. In 2013-08-01, I managed to make my personal web site (http://javaarm.com) online.

I spent about 18 months (2012-02 ~ 2013-08) on JBoss AS 7, I decided to write "JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development" Serial articles. Those articles describe how to develop a BIG Java EE application based on JBoss AS 7.2.0 (Actually, they are describing the background application of my site http://javaarm.com). I hope those articles are useful to guys who are new to JBoss AS 7. I exposed many source codes of my site http://javaarm.com, Please do NOT attack my site through possible holes or bugs. Thanks!

Content List

"JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development" Serial articles are composed of

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 00.Sumarry (English Version)

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 01.How to set up development environment

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 02.How to configure MySql Data source

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 03.How to create EJB,WAR,Connector and EAR projects

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 04.How to configure SSL

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 05.How to configure Security domain and JAAS - part.1   and   part.2

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 06.How to create EJB Entity beans.

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 07.EJB and JSF Pagination framework

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 08.How to configure UTF-8

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 09.How to monitor online users and kick user off line

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 10.How to configure and use email Session

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 11.File upload

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Example - EJB over SSL

JBoss AS 7.2.0 resource adapter(JCA) 配置

Planning:

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 12.Timer and Scheduler (do you need it?)

JBoss AS 7.2.0 - Java EE application development - 13.How to configure and use JMS(client)