Version 8

If you find some issue with JBoss Developer Studio and you don't know if it is a bug then post it on this forum and we will let you know.

If you are told it is a bug or missing feature then we would like you to report it in our jira.

The JBoss Tools jira is for anything related to the functionallity provided by JBoss Tools:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBIDE

The JBDS specific one is for issues related to the installer, branding and any 3rd party bundles we include:

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBDS

If in doubt then put an issue in JBoss Tools JIRA and we will move it if necessary.

-

Q : Our current JBoss corporate standard is 4.0.5. Is it possible to use RHDS with JBoss 4.0.5 instead of Jboss 4.2?

A : RHDS is bundled with JBoss EAP 4.2 which includes Seam 1.2.1.EAP. (which is basically Seam 1.2.1.GA plus changes needed to make it run on JBoss 4.2)

And to use another Seam just use another home directory - we just don't guarantee anything anymore (report issues in jira if you find something that is broken you think should be working)

Q : I already have a working Eclipse 3.3 & JBoss AS 4.2.1 Installation so I would like to additionally install JBDS from an update site so I don't have to bother with it and get the newest release whenever I want. But where is that update site?

A : We don't yet have an update site for JBoss Developer Studio. This is because we are doing a lot of work to test and certify the integration between the tools and the bundled JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. When we update JBoss Developer Studio, we will be updating both the runtime bits and the associated tooling at the same time in order to provide a quality development environment. Unfortunately, an Eclipse Update site doesn't allow for this kind of update.

Q : Can I use Seam 2 instead of the bundled one?

A : Read this.

Q : I'm evaluating JBoss Developer Studio for a project, and I'm trying to figure out the relationship it has with Eclipse. Does it replace Eclipse?

A : The additional "feature" of JBoss is that it bundles JBoss EAP 4.2 and Seam 1.2 EAP preconfigured and ready to work out-of-the-box with an Eclipse 3.3/WTP 2.0 + selected JBoss Tools plugins.