Version 10

JBoss.ORG

JBoss.ORG is the name given to the team of people behind the jboss.org website who are dedicated to helping the JBoss community reach its goals in the most productive and collaborative way possible. Team members are paid employees of Red Hat who work full-time to provide information and resources to the community.

If you have any questions or suggestions about how we can improve the site then please feel free to contact us by email or join us on the JBoss.ORG forum.

The team members are:

Bob McWhirter (Lead)

James Cobb (Visual Design & User Interface)

Title: Senior Visual Designer

Bio: I was born in Houston, Texas 1969. I graduated from the University of Houston with honors with a B.F.A. in Graphic Communications and spent several years doing traditional print graphic design/corporate branding before becoming infatuated with multi-media. Spent my formative web years pursuing user interface design and web branding during the height of the Internet boom. I've worked on a wide variety of corporate websites, portals and intranets. Prior to joining JBoss, designed user interfaces for CRM and website management applications for the automotive industry. I'm dedicated to making JBoss.org the best resource possible for the open source community.

Mark Newton (Content & Community)

Title: Senior Consultant EMEA

Bio: Born in Manchester, England in 1974. Mark first became interested in computers when his father brought home a workstation from Rank Xerox in 1982. A love for technology combined with an interest in music led to a degree in Electronics with Music at Glasgow University where he graduated in 1997 with 1st Class Honours. The first 4 years of his professional career were spent writing radar control systems and unmanned aircraft control stations in C on OS-9 (a real-time operating system). Mark then moved into the City of London to work for a large investment bank enhancing trading systems and promoting the use of open source tools and extreme programming practices for software development. It was here that he was introduced to J2EE and JBoss 3.0, a combination that ultimately led him to join JBoss Inc in 2005. Mark is currently a Senior Consultant in EMEA where he provides both consulting and training services to a large cross-section of companies. His main areas of interest are meta-cognition and helping individuals to understand and use open source software to solve business requirements and increase productivity.

Ryszard Kozmik (JBoss Labs and JBoss Forums Lead)

Title: JBoss Labs intern

Bio: I was born in 1983 in Warsaw, Poland where I still live. I am a Computer Sciences student at Warsaw University of Technology heading inevitably to graduate with engineering and Master degree in 2007. Apart from being devoted JBoss Labs contributor I am JBoss Forums project lead.

In my free time I'm riding much on a bike which is my main hobby when it's warm outside :). In winter I always try to find a couple of days to ski. I love mountians as well in summer as in winter.

Projects:

• JBoss Labs

• JBoss Forums

Tomek Szymanski (JBoss Labs and JBoss Wiki Lead)

Title: Intern

Bio: Now attending Warsaw Technical University and graduating with an engineering and Master degree in 2007, Tomek is the primary developer of JBoss Wiki and continues to contribute to the core JBoss Labs initiative.

He came to JBoss almost by accident, but it was what he was dreaming of - to work for an Open Source company and actually make money on that.

He loves skiing, traveling, especially with his wife Magda and cooking.

Projects:

• JBoss Labs

• JBoss Wiki

Adam Warski (JBoss Labs)

Title: JBoss Labs intern

Bio: I was born in 1983 in Warsaw, Poland, and I am currently attending University of Warsaw, studying (surprise!) computer science. I started work for JBoss as an intern in april 2005, and luckily I still am on board. Apart from computers and mathematics, I like mountain-activities like skiing in winter and hiking in summer. I also enjoy reading books and sports like tennis and swimming.

Projects:

• JBoss Labs

• Shotoku

Pawel Wrzeszcz (JBoss Labs)

Title: Developer, intern student

Bio: I grew up in the Copernicus' home town - Torun, Poland, then moved to study computer science at the University of Warsaw. There I learned that Pine is neither a tree nor Elm, Ant is about building software not hills and finally that Java is not only an island. After I had my knowledge thus broadened, I started working with J(2)EE. I've been contributing to the JBossLabs project since November 2005 and I'm still having a great time here.

Being a geek is absorbing, but since I'm a mountain guide as well, I unplug myself from time to time, take my backpack and disappear somewhere in the mountains.

Projects:

• JBoss Labs

Przemyslaw Dej (JBoss Labs)