There are so many interesting happenings in the world of JBoss that it is even hard for us "insiders" to keep up. I personally subscribe to the Aggregated Feed  viewed using Flipboard on my iPad and use Twitter  via my Android Phone to aid in monitoring the JBoss universe. And if you are more of an email-based person, make sure to subscribe to the JBoss Developer Newsletter list . All of these tools can help keep up on news while on the bus or even in the "library" (thank you WC Fields).
Here are some of the most interesting things that I noticed coming over the wire this past week.
- JBoss AS7 Coming Soon! The next generation of the JBoss Application Server is about to happen - we have several live training sessions scheduled for June 29 through July 1st. Hear about JBoss AS7 and EE6 from the experts - the guys behind the code and driving the specs.
- Keynote Presentation & Demo Videos Published - We will be very hard pressed to top the killer live demonstration at JBoss World 2011 at future events. We included several servers (make sure to watch the whole demo), Android and iOS mobile devices, incorporated a live Twitter feed (means Internet & WIFI had to work) and required the audience to jam in hundreds of tweets while we were working the magic onstage. We were able to perform stream analysis (Drools Fusion) on a live Twitter feed, while loading the stream into a in-memory datagrid (Infinispan) and using Hibernate OGM (more below) to drive multiple HTML5-focused mobile web-friendly applications built with jQuery, RichFaces4 + JSF2 and GWT+Errai. Several blogs have been posted to describe the various backend technologies and in the video you get to SEE middleware - a datagrid, in action.
- Hibernate OGM is Born - Hibernate is one of the most popular JBoss projects and it continues to drive real innovations in data persistence. OGM stands for Object Grid Mapping and provides a JPA engine for NoSQL datastores. Incredibly fast persistence directly into an in-memory datagrid like Infinispan but with a familiar programming model (Hibernate/JPA).
- Drools Planner Webinar - We had a fantastic turn out for Geoffrey De Smet's Drools Planner session, here is the recording if you missed live event - http://www.vimeo.com/25236095 Geoffrey made into Argentina while skirting a Chilean Volcano with zero minutes to spare but still delivered a great live presentation. More archived sessions are described at jboss.org/webinars
- SwitchYard 0.1 Released - Switchyard is a whole new approach to integration-focused middleware - a new form of Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). Take a few moments to review the Getting Started and User Guides to see what I mean. Like JBoss AS7, this represents another leap forward for open source and for anyone with an integration challenge.