Some of the highlights for this release are:
- End-to-End cross domain single sign on/single sign out using the SAML standard.
- A pluggable Identity Management Framework. Out-of-the-box it includes an LDAP Identity Manager that connects to LDAP stores. Tested on OpenLDAP and RedHat Directory Server
- Full Integration with the JBossSX framework and Tomcat.
Big ticket items targeted for future releases are:
- Ability to do Federated Provisioning of accounts between Federation Partners. - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSSO-13
- A WS-Trust based Trust Server integrated with the Federation Server. Looking at project Tango for WS-Trust implementation. In this release, the Trust component is proprietary and uses SAML.
- Support for SAML 2.0
- A user-friendly GUI tool for managing the Federation of Partners/Federation Server configuration - http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSSO-7
- Add out-of-the-box support for more Identity Stores like SiteMinder, Active Directory, etc.
JBoss Federated SSO will be presented at the JBoss World Berlin Conference. For those who can make it, it will be an excellent opportunity to get first hand experience with JBoss SSO in action. This presentation will be preceded by a JBoss Security presentation, by Anil Saldhana on Tuesday. So join us for a full on dose of next generation JBoss Security !!!
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin !!!!