8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2009 7:30 PM by akazakov

How to change Seam Runtime

krasig

I got Seam Booking Example - war standalone .
      so now i have project with error:

Seam Runtime "Seam 2.0.FP" specified for Seam project "jboss-seam-jpa" does not exist.

I have installed Seam 2.1.1GA and try to change property via
      Project Properties -> Seam Settings -> Seam Runtime
      but I can't see my Seam Runtime instalation.
      Is this normal?

• 1. Re: How to change Seam Runtime
          akazakov

You don't see Seam 2.1 Runtime because the example project has Seam 2.0 Facet.
          If you want to use diferent version of Seam then go to Project Setting for project->Project Facets-> Then change Seam Facet version to 2.1.
          After that you will be able to select Seam 2.1 Runtimes in Seam Settings Page.

• 2. Re: How to change Seam Runtime
            krasig

Ok. after installing Seam 2.0.2, i see my installation.
            But what this mean? This example can't be run with 2.1.1 ?

• 3. Re: How to change Seam Runtime
              akazakov

"Seam 2.0.FP" is bundled with JBoss Developer Studio.
              And right now we have only Seam 2.0 projects examples in JBoss Tools. I belive in the futere we will add new examples.
              There is no big difference between Seam 2.1 example projects and examples which come from Seam 2.0.
              See seam21migration.txt in your Seam installation.
              So you can update the example to Seam 2.1 easy
              or just use it with Seam 2.0 to learn Seam 2.* ;)

• 4. Re: How to change Seam Runtime
                snjeza

I have tested this example using Seam 2.1.1.GA. It works fine.
                As Alexey said, just change the seam facet version to 2.1 using the Project Facets property page.

• 5. Re: How to change Seam Runtime
                  elenctic87

Do you also have to update the .jar files (jboss-seam.jar, etc.) in EarContent, for example?

• 6. Re: How to change Seam Runtime
                    maxandersen

The facet should help you update those jars.

snjeza/akazakov - now that we have more than 2 versions of Seam and especially 2.0 and 2.1 being so close it might make sense to show all runtimes in our seam combo and simply error if the versions doesn't match ? Or even better show a warning and if users click apply anyway and they are in a faceted project they are given a Dialog asking if they really want to change version and we show the change version dialog ... that would avoid the need to browse two different ui's for this.

• 7. Re: How to change Seam Runtime
                      krasig

Thanks for your help.

• 8. Re: How to change Seam Runtime
                        akazakov

"max.andersen@jboss.com" wrote:
                        snjeza/akazakov - now that we have more than 2 versions of Seam and especially 2.0 and 2.1 being so close it might make sense to show all runtimes in our seam combo and simply error if the versions doesn't match ? Or even better show a warning and if users click apply anyway and they are in a faceted project they are given a Dialog asking if they really want to change version and we show the change version dialog ... that would avoid the need to browse two different ui's for this.

I've added it to JIRA https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-3751