1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 132 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2011 1:57 AM by selfcare Go to original post
      • 75. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
        ybxiang.wolf

"don_psidium" wrote:
        thanks for the gorgeous framework!

my wishlist:

(1) ajax upload component (possibly with progress bar)
        (2) ajax upload component (without progress bar)
        (3) ajax upload component

;-)

~~~~~~shake hands!!! ;-)
        I need it too!!!

• 76. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
          ybxiang.wolf

"amitev" wrote:
          "don_psidium" wrote:
          thanks for the gorgeous framework!

my wishlist:

(1) ajax upload component (possibly with progress bar)
          (2) ajax upload component (without progress bar)
          (3) ajax upload component

It's not allowed to upload files with XHR due to security reasons.

~~~~~~~~~I do not agree with you, any problems have an answer! Why not make some control to upload componet???

Will you give up eating fish because it has thorn???

• 77. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
            ybxiang.wolf

"ybxiang.wolf" wrote:
            "SergeySmirnov" wrote:
            Update: the overview is on the wiki - [url]
            What do you thing about it? What do you expect from the RichFaces in the future? We are open to discuss now.

~~~~~~~~~I hope rich:calendar can select year freely, for example 1770.
            ~~~~~~~~~I need rich:upload(why not just change s:upload to rich:upload?).
            ~~~~~~~~~I need a modal component that pop up just like rich:calendar when i put on it and close(do nothing) when i push "x" or "cancel" button, and do something when i push "confirm".

sorry, i see it at [http://labs.jboss.com/wiki/RichFacesFuture].
            I hope this compoment can be developed out as soon as possible and be supported in JBOSSTOoLS

• 78. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
              ybxiang.wolf

This feature is not added to [http://labs.jboss.com/wiki/RichFacesFuture],
              i am wongering if you have the plan to do this/

• 79. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                ybxiang.wolf

"SergeySmirnov" wrote:
                "dxxvi" wrote:
                How about a horizontal / vertical split panels (like the one in gwt)? Those panels have left (upper) and right (lower) parts. We can drag the divider to wherever we want.

This include into the term: "layout components" in the main table.

~~~~~~I am glad to see this reply! Great!

• 80. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                  ybxiang.wolf

"amitev" wrote:
                  go vote in the voting page

~~~~~~The vote page does not work!!!

• 81. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                    ybxiang.wolf

"gavin.king@jboss.com" wrote:
                    I would really like to get a "dashboard" component that lets me arrange and show/hide blocks of content, like in a portal. ie:

<rich:dashBoard>
                     <rich:dashBoardPanel>...</rich:dashBoardPanel>
                     <rich:dashBoardPanel>...</rich:dashBoardPanel>
                    </rich:dashBoard>

gavin.king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Big brother! Nice to see you here!
                    Orz...Orz...Orz...Orz...Orz...Orz...Orz...Orz...Orz...Orz...Orz...(kowtow infinite times...)

• 82. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                      ybxiang.wolf

"marc@jboss" wrote:
                      first, BUGFREE! as of today, there are just to many to be ignored. second, the documentation has to be completed - for too many components there are too many parameters missing the corresponding documentation.

and dont take me wrong, i think richfaces is a great framework, but as of now is very time consuming to do things a bit more complicated as in the samples. many things just dont work as you would expect and finding the workaorounds is sometimes a pain when working on a shedule..

once the above is done, my wish list is:

1. file upload
                      2. progress bar
                      3. modal panel light version
                      4. more possibilities for js interaction maybe more flexibility for <a4j:jsScript..>

"fmarwede" wrote:
                      I agree to everything of the last post, so I don't have to write these things myself.

The cookbook (already there) is a very good idea - now the community is much more able to participate on providing solutions for common problems (bad english?).

• 83. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                        ybxiang.wolf

"marc@jboss" wrote:
                        since this is a wish list :-), here is a couple of features which i really would love to see:

- video integration - with all kind of players
                        - mp3 integration - same as above
                        - integration with other technologies, besides javascript, for ex. flash

greetings. marcelo

~~~~~~Why i can not think about them??? So wonderful!

• 84. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                          deiveehan

I would say Rich faces is easy to implement, lots of features and good documentation.

We could add more components like Tree table (We have a requirement in our project :) to implement it)

• 85. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?

"Deiveehan" wrote:
                            I would say Rich faces is easy to implement, lots of features and good documentation.

We could add more components like Tree table (We have a requirement in our project :) to implement it)

vote for it at wiki: http://labs.jboss.com/auth/wiki

We used to plan to include it in the 3.2.0. However, other components with the same complexity have more votes.

• 86. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                              qasimkhan

Hi,

No doubt RichFaces appears as one of the best wrapper for JSF. It powers the JSF with great user interface along with the ajax support.

And the good thing is that its improving at great speed.

I am expecting a data table through which we can select the row and perform edit or delete methods.

Like if we click the edit button row enables and we change value and than save it.

and by clicking on the delete button on the data table row we should be able to delete the row.

Now I am achieving this by using javascript and some custom functions and still its bugy and have to write lot of code.

Its and important feature for most of the web applications most of the times user has to select edit or delete the data from the table.

• 87. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but the one thing that is holding us back from adopting RichFaces fully right now is the available options in the drag-n-drop components.

Basically, we would like to see an option for setting the indicator, cursor position and cursor style to mimic the behavior of the script.aculo.us drag-n-drop control seen here:

http://demo.script.aculo.us/shop

• 88. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                                  diegocoronel

I would really like to see all bugs closed... :) because i spend so many time with workarounds...
                                  1 - dataScroller has a crazy bug, should be the first in repair. i put some posts but no one know a solution.

// how I reset the first value - perhaps there are beter ways to do this
                                  String id = "spaceForm:content_list";
                                  UIComponent comp = FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getViewRoot().findComponent( id );
                                  if(comp == null)
                                  throw new IllegalArgumentException("Can not find component with id = '"+id+"'");
                                  if(!(comp instanceof UIData))
                                  throw new IllegalArgumentException("Id does not refer to a UIData instance");
                                  UIData uidata = (UIData)comp;
                                  uidata.setFirst(0);

i got this solution in al my managed beans.. :(
                                  RF-1133

• 89. Re: RichFaces in the short-term future. What is your vision?
                                    zaharov.andrei

Hello!

I need a Master-Detail table with multiple levels of nesting working real by Ajax, that I can open multiple details and rebinded and rerendered only chosed detail. Or how can this be done on the existing tools? r:dataTable + r:subTable + a4j:region ? Any ideas?

1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next