0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2019 7:46 AM by scatiza

Issue in Starting JBPM process with custom object as process variable

scatiza

I am new to Jbpm

I have created a workflow in JBPM with business flow having rules and Human task . The workflow accepts a process variable which is a customer object ( Class name Quote) . If I start the workflow using Kie Workbech ,it works fine but when I am trying to start the process from REST API of the Client API , is sends me error as

" "Unexpected HTTP response code when requesting URI

'http://localhost:8080/kie-server/services/rest/server/containers/QuoteManagedRules_1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/processes/QuoteManagedRules.quoteManagedRules/instances'!

Error code: 500, message: \"Unable to create response: [QuoteManagedRules.quoteManagedRules:181 - Quote received:7] -- java.util.LinkedHashMap cannot be cast to com.myspace.quotemanagedrules.QuoteDto\"","

I have tried debugging and turn out that instead of a custom object , if I using String or any other literals it works fine but with the process variable as an Object , it shows error

public static final String SERVER_URL="http://localhost:8080/kie-server/services/rest/server"; 
      public static final String LOGIN="wbadmin";
      public static final String PASSWORD="wbadmin";
      public static final String CONTAINER="QuoteManagedRules_1.0.0-SNAPSHOT";
      public static final String processId="QuoteManagedRules.quoteManagedRules";
      public static void startProcess()

{  //Client configuration setup

KieServicesConfiguration config = KieServicesFactory.newRestConfiguration(SERVER_URL, LOGIN, PASSWORD); 

//Add custom classes, such as Obj.class, to the configuration

Set<Class<?>> extraClassList = new HashSet<Class<?>>();

extraClassList.add(QuoteDto.class);
      config.addExtraClasses(extraClassList);
      config.setMarshallingFormat(MarshallingFormat.JSON);

// ProcessServicesClient setup
      KieServicesClient client = KieServicesFactory.newKieServicesClient(config);
      ProcessServicesClient processServicesClient = client.getServicesClient(ProcessServicesClient.class);

// Create an instance of the custom class
      QuoteDto obj = new QuoteDto();
      obj.setAccountId("1");
      obj.setCorrelationId("1");
      obj.setId("12");
      obj.setOppurtunityId("123");
      obj.setOppurtunityName("sattu");
      obj.setPrice(123);
      obj.setRevision(12);
      obj.setVersion("12");
      Map<String, Object> variables   = new HashMap<String, Object>();
      variables.put("quote", obj);

// Start the process with custom class
      processServicesClient.startProcess(CONTAINER, processId, variables); }

The above code should start the process . Please let me know how to fix this . Do I need to mention the QuoteDto Class anywhere else as well in order to map it correctly like in kmodule.xml or so ?