2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2011 4:58 AM by rajunune

JBOSS AS 6  Clustering setup help

sugathn

Hi friends, I need help. I am trying to setup a JBOSS cluster between 2 JBOSS instances on my local (windows) machine. Most of the stuff went fine but there are a couple of error messages that I am not sure how/what to do?

Before I go into the messages, I would like to explain my setup. Following are the brief steps that I did to setup this cluster:

1. Copied the "all" folder under "jboss-6.1.0.Final\server" into 2 different folders - "node1" and "node2".

2. Started the first instance by typing the command : run -c node1 -b localhost -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-default.

3. Started the second instance by typing the command : run -c node2 -b localhost -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-01

Everything went fine and I was able to open both the admin consoles for both the nodes using http://localhost:8080/admin-console and http://localhost:8180/admin-console respectively.

To confirm that the clustering is working fine, I went into "\node2\farm" folder and created/deleted folders and text files randomly and found that the farm replication is working 100% fine. At this point I assumed that the "cluster" has been succesfully created and was hoped everything is fine.

And then I went into the node2 admin console and navigated to the "Add New Web Application (WAR)" page to deploy a new WAR file I had in my local. When I selected the WAR file and submitted the page, I could see that, the WAR file has been copied into both the nodes but then after completing reloading of the page there was an error on the page : "Error deploying application for request [CreateResourceReport: ResourceType=[ResourceType[id=0, category=Service, name=Web Application (WAR), plugin=JBossAS5]], ResourceKey=[null]].: org.jboss.profileservice.spi.NoSuchProfileException: Profile does not support deployment actions: ProfileKey@1dcd581[domain=default, server=default, name=applications]". Attached is the log file for your inspection. I am attaching the server log file from both the nodes for your reference.

Can someone please help me understand and fix this "deployment" issue?

Thanks, Sugath