1 Reply Latest reply on May 6, 2011 8:44 AM by shikida

Object doesn't support this property or method - Line: 172 - Char: 390 - IE 8

shikida

actually, I am having exactly the same error message from

http://community.jboss.org/message/16874#16874 but I could not find out if that post was moved to the proper forum (this one, I guess)

I am using

RF 3.3.0.

jboss-4.2.3.GA

Works fine for FF but not in IE 8

IE info:

Version    8.0.6001.18702

Build    86001

The error is

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Timestamp: Fri, 6 May 2011 12:05:34 UTC

Line: 172

Char: 390

Code: 0

URI: http://localhost:8080/saf/faces/a4j/g/3_3_0.GAorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.AjaxScript

from 3_3_0.GAorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.AjaxScript

(...)

window.setTimeout(function(){var isDocOpen=false;try{window.document.open(req.getContentType(),true);LOG.debug("window.document has opened for writing");isDocOpen=true;window.document.write(req.getResponseText());LOG.debug("window.document has been writed");window.document.close();LOG.debug("window.document has been closed for writing");if(isIE){window.location.reload(false);}}catch(e){LOG.debug("exception during write page content "+e.Message);if(isDocOpen){window.document.close();}

(...)

what I am trying to do: I have a page with 2 tabs. These two tabs are included via

<ui:insert name="aba2" />

the action is triggered from inside a rich:modalPanel and returns the string of the second tab. So the idea here is that I am in tab #1, user clicks in the modal button, it shows the tab#2.

IE does not renders nothing, but I am sending the generated xhtml for FF.

TIA

Leo K.

• 1. Object doesn't support this property or method - Line: 172 - Char: 390 - IE 8
          shikida

errrrr

I´ve talked to someone down here and he told me maybe this happens because the action is triggered by a a4j:command, so it tries to change the page via forward (allowed in FF but not in IE), while a h:command would try to change the page via redirect (allowed in both browsers).

The problem is that the same modal contains a form which inputs must be validated using ajax, so h:command would close the modal (is that right?)

Does this make sense?

If so, is there any elegant workaround?

TIA

Leo K.